Canion

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Jiminy
Bonsoir,
I had exactly the same problem for seing the details in folders from windows...
the content is not "refreshed"...

The trick I used: from within android and any file explorer, copy what I need to folder DCIM,
from know, I can see a "fresh" content in DCIM's folder from windows...

this is not logical, but it worked for me...

good luck and come back with your results...

Xavier

Merci Xavier. That worked perfectly! Now I need to figure out a non-work way to upload them. I have only uploaded pics to my work website. Just need to find a new host...

Jim

I had another lock out yesterday of canion 110.

Just refused to start.

I send the content of the bt_can directory to priusfan and he got back to me recommending to upgrade.

I upgraded to canion 111 and was able to start the app without deleting the database. First time I was able to get it working again without deleting the database.
I will also disable the cockpit and maps as my phone is a slow poke.

At the same time we started a dialog about an Idea to add the cell temp readout to the left panel on the app.

I was suggesting adding min/max and ave battery temp in there for quick reference. Battery temp is so important I thought this might be a good thing to add. I like all the graphs canion can do but I think a well thought out main screen that has it all on there to see at a glance is best for when your driving and should not be twiddling with buttons.

So.... What do you think ?

Let's hear your two cents on what temp data to display and how to display it.

Don.....

NeilBlanchard said:
There are an awful lot of OBD II Bluetooth adaptors available... I'd love to get one that would work both with Torque and CaniOn...What is the best Bluetooth unit, for a reasonable price?
Neil, as mentioned at the beginning of this thread, only two OBDII devices have been shown to work with Canion: OBDLink MX (scantools.net) or STN1110 OBD-II Adapter (batman.homelinux.com). The popular ELM327 does not work. Reasons for this were provided earlier in this thread.

DonDakin, good for you for pursuing the display of temperature variation over time. Certainly an important parameter. Nice to see CaniOn 111 fixing a few things.

For myself, while I'm driving I focus on the Wh/km (would like that to be programmable to Wh/mi or mi/kWh) and would like this number and graph to be totally reset when the trip timer is reset as I like to see my performance for each trip; i.e., on the Wh/km History graph, I would like that graph to be only for that trip and the displayed Average number to be only for that trip (recognizing that this number is available on the Trip Timer display).

The Regen percentage is interesting but not necessarily indicative of efficient driving. When hypermiling I spend a good percentage of time coasting in N and thus avoid Regen unless I'm forced to slow down.

BTW, my Android device offers a number of Power-Saving modes, and I was wondering if perhaps they affect CaniOn? I haven't experimented yet.
- Performance priority Mode
- Balanced Mode
- Power Save Mode

I work with the $85 STN1170, and without problem with canion.

But perhaps there is a conflict with Torque. Seems that Torque works with the STN1170, but no with the i-Miev protocol. Don't recognize it. It try differents kinds of comunication protocols, and I get several errors on the display (ESP? ABS?) Turn off the torque and the i-Miev, restart and no more try!

Torque with cheap ELM327 works OK on the ICE car. Don't try torque with the STN on the ICE.

I found the same thing. My STN1170 with Torque gave a lot of errors on the 2005 Prius and then errors on the iMiEV after that. (shut down the Prius at a stop light twice!)

I uninstalled Torque and Canion, reloaded Canion, repaired the STN1170 to Canion and the problem went away. Not sure I will reload Torque at all, even if I get an ELM327 Bluetooth adapter.

Jim

Bonsoir,
Torque works perfectly with the stn11xx from Andy (tested successfully on rx400h).
So you do not need another dongle...

But NEVER USE Torque on iMiev, you can loose brake-assistance.

You must check Torque is really stopped before starting the iMiev.
if you have any doubt, restart the phone...

Xavier

Now with Canion, i´m seeing variations of 5% SoC many times. In the last 48 hours, i've seen one time SoC going up 5% and two times going down 5%. It only happens when car is standing still for some hours. I think that battery temperatures rising make the car withdraw 5% of SoC, battery temperatures going down makes the car add 5% of SoC (this happens often when i charge the car indoor to 94% in the end of the day and then i place the car outdoors at night for some hours to cold the battery - in the morning it gives me 99%).

Before canion, i saw sometimes gaining one bar or loosing one bar (some of the bars are precisely 5% of SoC), so i think this happens since the car was new.

No one more sees this?

Once before I arrived at home after traveling over 100km (last 20km or so quite hard on the battery as climbing up into the mountains) Arriving at the house with just under two bars . It switched to one bar perhaps just 2km from home so 1 & 3/4 bars i guess, I didn't have canion at the time) Parked the car and came out 30min later to put it on charge and I had 2 bars showing. So yes I had gained 1/4 of a bar by just by letting the car rest bringing me back to 2 bars.

Though I don't think I have seen the SOC% number on canion change at all ever. So I think it has something more to do with how the fuel gauge calculates capacity on the imiev dash.

By battery performs perfectly as expected with no issues, balances perfect and gives me full range.

Kurt

I think we all liked to see your data shared in the forum spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj71ZCNMq47UdG80ZmgzaFpnMy1fNDYwRUFSSjlaT3c&usp=sharing#gid=0

"So yes I had gained 1/4 of a bar by just by letting the car rest bringing me back to 2 bars." Maybe it was 4/4 bar, and the car would show two bars as well.

My battery is not as new. Most of the times it charge to 95,5% of SoC, but sometimes it charges to 99%, 99,5% (usually does it when it is more discharged, i think). Gives always the 16 bars (one day it will not do it anymore, i think, but that will happen in... 2015?). Balances well, giving a difference of 0,01 V at full charge, no difference at 70% charge. Usually, under 20%, it starts not to balance anymore. But most of the times, if i want (i think when it takes 5% of SoC in the middle of the day, as i lunch), it runs into turtle like it was new (less then 9,5% of SoC).

Yesterday it went to 21%, 2 bars left. By night i made a full charge, it gave me 97,5%. 13,1 kW.h used. Should be 14,5 kW.h so 10% less. But as i showed before we can not rely on much in the SoC values (sometimes it adds 5%, sometimes takes). Maybe yesterday the real SoC was a little more then 21%.

I see power in the i-MiEV battery as a blanket. When the battery is new it covers the head and the feet. Has time passes the blanket shrinks, so sometimes it will not cover the head, sometimes it will not cover the feet. When, after giving me 5% more after a cold night, it reaches 100%, the 16 bar is 8% of SoC and i can do 14 miles with it. But if i don't stop for a while, the car will simply stop at 14,5% of SoC.

fjpod said:
The stn1170...can it be left plugged into the OBD2 connector without draining the battery?

Quote: stn1170 manual on page 9:

The Bluetooth OBD-II adapter may be left plugged into the vehicle for extended periods of time (no more than 4 months) without starting the engine or recharging the vehicle’s battery. The STN1170 Bluetooth OBD-II adapter goes into a very low power state when not connected via Bluetooth (very little power, but not zero power). For a standard 40Ah car battery that is in good condition and
fully charged, it has been calculated that it would take nearly a year to discharge the battery with the inactive STN1170 Bluetooth OBD-II reader.

I'm happy to have a new toy. The reader has finally arrived. First Impressions: when I deleted a BT_can folder, it worked flawlessly.

Zelenec said:
fjpod said:
The stn1170...can it be left plugged into the OBD2 connector without draining the battery?

Quote: stn1170 manual on page 9:

The Bluetooth OBD-II adapter may be left plugged into the vehicle for extended periods of time (no more than 4 months) without starting the engine or recharging the vehicle’s battery. The STN1170 Bluetooth OBD-II adapter goes into a very low power state when not connected via Bluetooth (very little power, but not zero power). For a standard 40Ah car battery that is in good condition and
fully charged, it has been calculated that it would take nearly a year to discharge the battery with the inactive STN1170 Bluetooth OBD-II reader.

But it can deplete de 12V battery within some days, and then the car will refuse to star, i think. When the car is not "on" or charging, it only uses the 12V battery and don't charge it. If the 12V battery is depleted, you have to use another 12 V battery or other device, to star the car, and then all will work fine.

Back