Canion

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confirmed to be functional in Android 14 on a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3. Connected and worked without issue, though the square-ish inner display clipped some of the text. Reducing text size in the app settings mostly resolved this.

Hello from old Xavier
Canion should continue to work on new versions of android.
But there will be no additional developments...

My wife's car has been replaced by a VW E-Up.

For your information, I had adapted a specific version for the Hyundai Ioniq5. But I sold this car because of the total absence of customer service (2 months waiting for the ICCU to be replaced and not a word of apology).

And now, I'm adapting canion to my new lexus rz450e (almost finished).

Also, I now recommend the Vlinker MC+ interface instead of OBDLINK MX+ : it's much cheaper and works at least as well. I use both...

Bye-bye
Xavier

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

I also messaged the developers to see if they have any updates on the status of the project. They are both members here but haven't been active for a while.

Joe, sorry to hear about your collection going missing. Hopefully you find everything.
Android changed the way it handles permissions. Canion still works on my device though I can’t figure out where it stores the data. I couldn’t get OBDZero to record anymore after my phone auto updated to the new android. Got hold of developer and he said he’s going to fix it an update the app. Anyone know what folder Canion puts the data?

Android changed the way it handles permissions. Canion still works on my device though I can’t figure out where it stores the data...Anyone know what folder Canion puts the data?
Using a file browser (Samsung My Files in this case), I tap on Internal Storage and in the main directory, there is a folder called BT_CAN with CaniOn's data.

Xavier (@priusfan), great to hear from you! Thank your for responding and thanks for the OBDII dongle suggestion. Don't suppose that your Ioniq5 version works with a Kona Electric?

Wish you all the best with your future CaniOn software adaptations.

I'm still looking for an appropriate Android tablet, as there are dozens on Amazon...

Anyone have any updates when the CanIon app will be back on the Google Play store? What's a good alternative app to use with my OBD link MX?

Back