Canion

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see new features, thanks :)

On the other side of the world where we don't use much heater. Having the same readings but for the cooling (Air conditioning ) would be great.

Kurt

Nice new feature! :)

Heating consumption seems to have less importance than I feared. This is (part of) my usual trip, with the heater position about 1/3:

bb8893bed741b46d1354f1081bbd79f9o.png

It seems that in down zones, with higher regeneration than waste, caniOn is not able to show the heater consumption (no, priusfan, I'm not asking you to fix it) :D

Now with canion115. Feel like it is christmas again. Not that heater consumption is important to me. Just love seeing canion, and its improvements. It tells me so much about the car. With it is so much easier to know when my i-miev will stop showing 18%, 13% or 8% of SoC.

Xavier/Martin - thank you for yet another update. I tried out Canion 115 today with my Hisense Sero Pro 7 on Android 4.2.1 and STN1170 on a 30-mile trip. CaniOn connected and reconnected first time and suffered no seizures! Thank you. :D

Now Canion 116. Martin and Xavier, I would like to see Canion running also in my HP Slate. Can you do that, please, please ,please....

Thanks again and again.

Hello
I have no idea about what's wrong with HP Slate....

If you really want to use it, send it to me for a checkup.

Xavier

suggestion: try Torque on the Slate with your dongle (on a traditional car, never on the electric car ).

if this doesnot work, I can do nothing for you....

me68 said:
Maybe WLAN is disturbing ... turn off WLAN and try again.

Martin

I think nothing to do with that. HP Salte 7 can't even make the download from Play Store. Says it doesn' t support your app. Working in my Acer Iconia, with a worst processor.

Malm said:
HP Salte 7 can't even make the download from Play Store. Says it doesn' t support your app. Working in my Acer Iconia, with a worst processor.

Hello!

Try to copy & install the apk-file from the Acer Iconia. Maybe you'll get an error message on running the app near initializing Google maps. If so, add a file nomaps.txt to \sdcard\bt_can. Google Maps will not be loaded next startup.

Martin

g4qber said:
Is everyone getting the "allo Houston" message on initial connection ?
I got it every time when my dongle worked (first 2 months) and also now, when it doesn't do it's job anymore.

is anyone using the batman OBD2 dongle.
I seem to find that it is more reliable than the scan tools unit with my imiev

after a few days / hours, I have to pull out/put in the dongle else there is no connection to the nexus 7 tablet.

haven't had to do this yet with the batman unit.
http://batman.homelinux.com/blog/stn1170-bluetooth-obdii-adapter/

the batman unit is a bit unprotected though and doesn't have a re-pair button.
it is smaller though.

I've found that although the bat dongle is more stable in the imiev, it seems to disconnect from the canion app.
ie. connection goes red & have to select dongle again.
this is better than having to pull out the dongle from the car.

g4qber said:
is anyone using the batman OBD2 dongle.
I do, or better I did. There was times when I needed to delete files from my BTCAN folder but from the moment I used bat dongle in my other car with different protocol, CanIon and the dongle just aren't in love anymore :(

managed to get obdlink mx bt to fault

https://www.scantool.net/forum/index.php?topic=7607.0

blue light flashing
no orange light
red & green steady

when working OK
all lights are steady.

I'm afraid that even with the latest release I am still getting occasional display freezes with my Hisense Sero Pro 7 on Android 4.2.1 and STN1170. Since one merely glances at the display occasionally, it may take some time to realize this situation.

Suggestion for a CaniOn "feature": when the app's display freezes, is there any way of aggressively notifying us immediately? I realize this is probably a dumb request, as a frozen screen perhaps indicates that the app is no longer working... although doesn't the trip clock still keep ticking (I'm going from memory and may be wrong here)?

Back