Canion

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello young & beautifull people...
Martin published now rel113.
the problem with 112: on imiev MY 2010, a message is missing (compared to 2012).
this CAN message contains the VIN.
in rel 112, we found interesting (Martin & me) to get this VIN.
When the program starts, it waits after this message. if it is not present, it waits for a longlonglongforever time....
So, in rel 113, there is now a timeout to continue.
Also, there was a particular bug in previous releases : when the minimum Batt_Temp was exactly 2°C, we saw fantom bars...

Xavier

priusfan said:
hello young & beautifull people...
Martin published now rel113.
the problem with 112: on imiev MY 2010, a message is missing (compared to 2012).
this CAN message contains the VIN.
in rel 112, we found interesting (Martin & me) to get this VIN.
When the program starts, it waits after this message. if it is not present, it waits for a longlonglongforever time....
So, in rel 113, there is now a timeout to continue.
Also, there was a particular bug in previous releases : when the minimum Batt_Temp was exactly 2°C, we saw fantom bars...

Xavier

Great work with the CanIon app. And great to hear that you and Martin has found the CAN message to get the VIN.
I would like to implement this into the OVMS as well. So we will appreciate if you will share how to get the VIN form the CAN-bus.

Thomas

:D . Now I have canion113 too. But one thing caught me by surprise. When the car is moving, battery voltage graph goes to a scale that begins always in 3.20 V. Scared at first, looking for some cell with very low voltage, then thinking that wasn't bad at all because of the warranty and I should receive a new one, but I saw all of them very well balanced in the top of the graphic. So everything as usual, just keeps doing miles after miles after miles, sometimes completely lost in its SoC, but showing the right voltage. Now i only trust in voltage.

TestO said:
Great work with the CanIon app. And great to hear that you and Martin has found the CAN message to get the VIN.
I would like to implement this into the OVMS as well. So we will appreciate if you will share how to get the VIN form the CAN-bus.

Thomas

Bonjour Thomas
icon_coucou.gif

VIN is present in passive PID 29A
first byte is a sequence number, values are: 0 , 1 & 2

in the message with seqnum=0 , you get 7 bytes. this is the first part of VIN
in the message with seqnum=1 , you get 7 bytes. this is the second part of VIN
in the message with seqnum=2 , you use the first 3 bytes. this is the last part of VIN

in each of the above byte, you have an ascii code....

that's all folks... easy, isn't it ???
icon_ovation.gif

Xavier

There has to be something wrong with my dongle. I tried all Canion versions. None was able to present data. However, it works with torque in our old ICE car. I just don't know anymore what to do.

FYI - I put a Y-cable on the ODBII connector and now I can have caniOn (Bluetooth) and OVMS (wired) connected and working at the same time. Unfortunately the Y-cable I bought was not a right-angle at the Y-part. So I had to plug the Y-cable into a short right-angle extension ODBII cable. In any case it all works as-is.

Update:
I did find a right-angle ODBII Y-cable here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EEDOWU8/ref=asc_df_B00EEDOWU82951362?smid=A9RRFZDGAXG22&tag=dealtmp941466-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395129&creativeASIN=B00EEDOWU8

Hello, i am living a trouble connection each time i connect my Galaxy Note2, i have these message 'Hello Houton we lost connection" but still work few minute and frame rate go to "0" Randomely it work more longer.

somebody have an idea?

cotepi, thank you for moving your post here. I saw that you are using OBDLink MX.

A number of us continue having either a failure to connect or freezes, and I believe Martin/Xavier are working to address these bugs. In the meantime, the ability to see each cell's voltage is worth the teething pain, IMO.

rel 114 is on playstore.
we see the VIN on the bottom line.

@cotepi: all the canion's rel are working perfectly on my galaxy note2 (and note 1 and nexus 7) ....
suggestions:
1) reboot your phone
2) check what are the services/applications running on this phone
2) try with other dongle
3) try on another phone

Yes, I see VIN now. Never saw it before on Canion. Thank you, again, and again, Martin and Xavier. Now with Canion 114. Almost 60.000 km. Almost 3 years. Almost 10% degradation. 12% less autonomy then a new one. Portuguese Nissan Leaf with the same age lost more then 20% of their inicial capacity, and now I have the 2011 Portuguese EV with the highest autonomy.

Anyone knows how to get the production year of the car by the VIN? I think my car is from 2010, and I would like to confirm it.

Malm said:
Almost 60.000 km. Almost 3 years. Almost 10% degradation. 12% less autonomy then a new one. Portuguese Nissan Leaf with the same age lost more then 20% of their inicial capacity, and now I have the 2011 Portuguese EV with the highest autonomy.

Really? It's that true? :shock:

Malm said:
Anyone knows how to get the production year of the car by the VIN? I think my car is from 2010, and I would like to confirm it.

Your 10th digit is an "A"? 2010. "B", 2011, "C" 2012 and so...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_identification_number

Barbagris said:
Malm said:
Almost 60.000 km. Almost 3 years. Almost 10% degradation. 12% less autonomy then a new one. Portuguese Nissan Leaf with the same age lost more then 20% of their inicial capacity, and now I have the 2011 Portuguese EV with the highest autonomy.

Really? It's that true? :shock:

Malm said:

Your 10th digit is an "A"? 2010. "B", 2011, "C" 2012 and so...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_identification_number

Maybe one or two from 2011 with only 15.000 km can make some miles more then me. With more then 50.000 km, some lost the eleventh bar, all lost the twelfth bar. Usually 18% degradation, more then 20% less autonomy.

I have Google Play running on the Kindle fire HDX and caniOn works on this device. Any chance this device can be added to the caniOn compatible device list in the Google Play store?
Otherwise for every update I have to capture the apk and side load it from another device.
Device: "Amazon KFAPWI" (Kindle Fire HDX).

priusfan said:
Hello young & wonderfull people

for the same price :lol: , rel 115 is on the play store

news: we can see the effect from the Heater...

some details http://67183441.foren.mysnip.de/read.php?28653,378850,391204,page=3#msg-391204

do not stop because you cannot read french (anyway it is german) just have a look at the pictures...
guaranteed without viruses (not without bugs)...

Xavier

That is pretty neat way to find the PID using Y-cable and both tools. Google translated it very well. :D

That's awesome! Can't wait to try it out. I have another cold snap coming my way. Just need to pick up that Y-connector. ;)

JJlink, you keep beating me to posting. That's twice now. :mrgreen:

Back