Peugeot Ion (i-Miev) 'Peugeot Connect Assistance' Button

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinwinlow

Does anyone know what is supposed to happen next after this button is pressed? The manual doesn't help.

A-ha! Thanks for that. Not sure why the manual didn't mention "Got a problem with your car but don’t need the emergency services? Just press the Peugeot Connect Assistance button and you’ll be connected to our control centre over the system’s integrated phone. They’ll either help you sort out the problem yourself or send out Peugeot Assistance to help you at the roadside." That might have been quite handy the other day when I managed to find 3 Chademo chargers in succession that didn't work and left me stuck. When I rang the assist number in the front of the manual some dozy operator sent the AA (AAA) out to me with a flat battery problem - ICE battery, that is. He took one look at my EV and said "Nothing I can help you with!".

Quite why one can't access the car remotely over the same system is a bit of a mystery. Set it to pre-condition the car remotely, unlock it if you leave your keys in it, etc, etc…

It would also save me having to install OVMS.

I had our insurance say the same thing when I was buying my car. We were asking them about our roadside assistance and what they could do with a flat EV battery. "We'll bring jumper cables.Just give him a jump and be on his way." I'd pay to see that work. :roll:

Aligned with the topic of roadside assistance, I don't know if we still have this one in our San Francisco Bay Area:

http://newsroom.aaa.com/2011/07/ev-charging-statio/

Last I talked with them at an electric auto show, they were based in Fremont but wouldn't go more than about 15 miles from there to help someone, and would provide only enough charge to get one to a public EVSE. I surmise that they may be like the lonely Maytag Repair Man (for those of you outside the US, this pertained to the purported high reliability of that brand).

Back