Pairing/ programming key fob for 2014 ION

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EX204

:twisted: Hi,

Oct 2014 Peugeot ION delivered in Germany.

I have TWO perfectly working keys. I got a third key from the previous owner, that key did nothing (not even start the car, for which no battery is required).

I inserted (correctly, plus downwards) a brand new CR1616 (3.3V measured by a multimeter). Made sure the flexible contacts stick out enough to touch the other side. Nothing! One could argue that maybe there is a faulty soldering spot inside, and the key still doesn't get power. But then that doesn't explain why it doesn't start up the car. I can unlock the car remotely with one of the two other keys, then start the car up with the other working key even with its battery removed. So you neither need battery power nor you need to use the key that initially unlocked the car.

I read somewhere that if you have TWO working keys you can very easily pair a third one with the car? Is that just for the theft prevention (RFID chip) or does this also synchronize the remote unlock function? Does anybody have a link to the instructions?

Below a photo of the key. It's NOT the big one with antenna and "mode" button. It has only two buttons: open & lock. Plenty of instruction videos for the big key with the mode button. None for my key.

If the photo doesn't appear, here the Dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jga2c08gmgv7s3o/20230518_105742.jpg?dl=0

20230518_105742.jpg

Howdy Alex,
Based upon that photo there appears to be oxidation and powdery residue inside the covers, and that residue may also be inside the Omron RF module with the circuit board. i would carefully pry that open and take a picture, then inspect and clean especially around the RFID chip.

p.jpeg

I think this a what you are referring to:

https://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4252

It’s to pair a 3rd transponder key to start the car

Back