What's everybody paying?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JoeS said:
alohart said:
I'm a bit concerned about how long this car has sat in the blazing sun on the dealer's lot.
Darn it, that would also be my worry, especially if the battery was left fully charged.
It's been driven 118 miles, so it has been charged several times. But with no special storage charging setting like on the Leaf, is someone at any dealership really going to ensure that i's in inventory aren't stored fully charged and are periodically partially charged to keep the charge level from dropping too low? I seriously doubt it. There's probably no one at most dealerships who even knows the best practice for long-term storage.

So I'm going to assume that this SE is no worse off than most other i's that were not special orders and picked up shortly after being delivered to the dealer.

JoeS said:
Is it a white car, as that would help?
It is, so that's good. However, I prefer silver (to match my Insight :) But I don't think I can persuade them to sell me an identical silver SE for the same price.

JoeS said:
Perhaps request a battery capacity test with printout for this vehicle as part of the purchase agreement?
Good idea! But is a dealer equipped to do that?

The dealer I bought from had his employees use my car for errands, it saved money on gas and kept the car active. Maybe that's what your guy is doing.

tonymil said:
The dealer I bought from had his employees use my car for errands, it saved money on gas and kept the car active. Maybe that's what your guy is doing.
My dealer told me that the SOC's of all i's in his inventory were checked monthly and recharged to around 50%. Sounds good, but I have no way of knowing the truth.

However, I've been shocked today by the partial bid to have electrical service installed in my condo parking garage parking stall - $9,203!! This doesn't include the costs of permitting, paying an electrical engineering firm to design and draw up plans, and buying an electrical meter and connecting it to the network of electrical meters already being used (not trivial). These additional items could easily add 50% to the bid.

So unless I can figure out a way to slash these costs, I'm afraid that E.V. ownership is out of the question for me and probably most other apartment dwellers :(

How is a lease deal of $1,200.00 down and 200 a month for 24 months.
Everything included except Motor vehicle fee.
It's a base car with the level 3 charger.

Marlon:

That is a good lease rate; if there are no Level 3 chargers in your area, you might want to negotiate a lower down payment ($500 vs $1,200), as no chargers means you are leasing a benefit you can't use. Bill.

BillThompsonMIEV said:
Marlon:

Here in San Antonio I have seen some leases for about $225 a month for 36 months, but $2,300 down. Of course as you know, no federal tax credit for a lease. Bill.

I live in Decatur, Ga. A local Mitsu dealer has a lease deal for $249/mo, $500 down, 36 mo, ES model. I've inquired with their Finance Dept. and spoke with a rep. I'm interested in an SE w/Nav, so we're tossing numbers back and forth for that model instead of the ES. The Finance guy is hip and knows the i, so it is a pleasure talking with him. He says Mitsu is interested in pushing EV tech as they plan on releasing upcoming EV/plug-in models in the future. He also made very specific mention that Mitsu wants to be clear that I know about the car and that it fits my driving needs, and mentioned something about a form that I must sign stating that I acknowledged the limitations of the car...like a waiver. Oh, okay, whatever.

So, we're haggling. Initially they wanted $340/mo, no talk of cash up front, 36 mo. for the SE w/Nav. Now, they want $279/mo., $1000 cash, 36 mo.. All of this is through Ally.

Leased the entry 2012 DEMO MiEV for $246.00 month, 30 month's, 30,000 miles with .20 per mile over from VerHage Motors in Holland Mi. With that, I purchased a Schneider Gen2 charger and installation covered from Consumers Energy (up to $2,500). With that, my entire household electric gets the new PEV rates which can be 1/2 of my current rate I'm paying.
Definitely a win, win, win situation. At the end of three years I toss them the keys and get a new vehicle with the latest battery technology (extended range?). I asked the dealer to save me the 2014 model Demo of the MiEV.

Lawjds,

The Bloomington, IL dealership sold out of I-MiEVs after the article about their $69 lease hit Yahoo News. The Springfield, IL dealership honored the deal and this morning I just took possession of a 2012 ES with the level 3 quick charge package. 2 year lease with $0 down, a $125 one time security deposit, and payments at $155.68/month. I wasn't in a position to put over $2k down today to get the much cheaper monthly payment, but that was an option.

As of this afternoon the Springfield dealer was sold out of all I-MiEVs except one that had a problem with the battery.

I would recommend anyone interested in leasing one of these cars should just call their nearest dealer and ask if they will match or beat the deal. I think there is a lot of pressure to move the 2012 models off the lot right now.

Do be advised that there is a new safety recall (brake system) that might apply to these cars. And if you're in a state like IL that offers a discounted EV license plate come armed with that info to the dealer. Mine didn't know anything about it and couldn't find the info online so I emailed him the plate fee schedule PDF.

We got our directly from Citroen (factory outlet in Paris) for 12900€ (16800 US $).

It was a good deal to get our first EV at home.
One month after, I will do it again for sure, because the car is so cool for short ride.

Here in PA, just outside of Philadelphia, I noticed some lease rates of $99/month with the usual down payments around $2k. I've yet to see another iMiev in the wild, but as we were charging our i at the Nissan dealership, we saw a Volt and a Leaf in the parking lot of where we were looking to relax while we got a few bars of charge to make it home.

Two new 2012 ES models just sold Tuesday afternoon at auction in North Carolina. Both had salvage titles but had no physical damage. Salvage titles were issued due to water damage, most likely from Hurricane Sandy. How much, how high and for how long is unknown.

Prices for the two cars were less than $5,900 each. MSRP was $32,437. I friend of mine got one of the cars and will be having it shipped here by the end of the week. He is an EAA member and has considerable experience working on EVs.

archie_b said:
Two new 2012 ES models just sold Tuesday afternoon at auction in North Carolina. Both had salvage titles but had no physical damage. Salvage titles were issued due to water damage, most likely from Hurricane Sandy. How much, how high and for how long is unknown.

Prices for the two cars were less than $5,900 each. MSRP was $32,437. I friend of mine got one of the cars and will be having it shipped here by the end of the week. He is an EAA member and has considerable experience working on EVs.

:oops: Well, this was bound to happen, Archie. A couple more of us were also bidding. Did he get the silver or burgundy? I wish your friend (was he the Wisconsin bidder?- I forget your location) the best of luck and hope he will share stories of the dissection. Knowing how well the electronics are sealed will be valuable, and I'm curious whether the battery pack is full of salt water that came in through the air duct. A friend in the business bought a Sandy-flooded plug-in Prius, and all the electronics are shot.

Just joined the club last night, leasing a 2012 SE, with the 8 speaker sound system. No QC(couldn't see paying for something that we cannot use yet), no satellite navigation or big screen display, nor rear view camera. Although nice, they were far from necessary. Am still learning how to use the car(although having read all of the posts on here as well as on the Nissan Leaf forum I have a pretty good idea), but so far am quite happy. Lease through Ally was $190/month for 24 months/12,000 miles per year; used an old junker as down payment as well as 1st monthly payment. Calculated that my gas costs were about $1800 per year, the electricity costs should be about $400 per year. Add in no maintainence costs, all new(so full warranty coverage), no charge for PA State inspections (dealer covers the cost of the sticker itself,and unlikley this car will need anything in the first 2 years)and no emissions inspections, I think I'll end up at worst breaking even. Level 1 charger, not looking to pay $1500 or so for 240 volt Level 2 installation(at least not yet, anyway). If a free progarm comes along for Level 2 charger, I'll look into it. My daily commute is 35 miles total, stop and go traffic, I beleiev that the I will perform nicely...just as I hope it will.

gatedad11 said:
My daily commute is 35 miles total, stop and go traffic, I beleiev that the I will perform nicely...just as I hope it will.

You'll do fine with this. You'll be using about half your range each day and your L1 will be more than able to replenish that each night. In 9 hours at my office, I recover about 6-7 kilowatts of power sitting on the L1 charger. You'll enjoy this car a lot, its fun to drive, very reliable, great in the snow and tons of savings. Don't forget to throw in the maintenance cost that you won't be paying for anymore - that will save you another $2000 grand a year.

Back