Seat Rail Extender

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azemon

Does anyone make seat rail extenders for the i? Or perhaps something like http://extendmyseat.com/ ? I would be much more comfortable with about two more inches on the driver's side.

-- Art Z.

Hi Art,

This is certainly a topic worth pursuing and I don't recall anyone on this forum doing this.

Here's a myNissanLeaf thread on the same subject that I haven't looked at in a long time and which might be of some use: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4235

Even though I'm reasonably comfortable with the seat pushed all the way back (I'm 6'0"), a little more would be nice especially as there is room between the seatback and the folded-down rear seat.

Here's a reply from the vendor.

Thanks for the email. Unfortunately we haven't seen a demand for this vehicle.

Is there a strong demand on your forums?

If you can obtain 10 users who are interested we can create a solution.

ExtendMySeat LLC | www.extendmyseat.com

Is there a forum member close enough to the factory to volunteer their car for measurement and test-fitting?
OUR MANUFACTURING FACILITY IS LOCATED IN SANTA FE SPRINGS, CA

Folks,

Reading through the i owner's manual, I saw something that says there is a sensor on the driver's seat that adjusts the airbag based on seat fore/aft position. I am worried that the airbag function will be compromised by moving the seat.

Your thoughts?

-- Art Z.

Here's a reply from the vendor.

Thanks for the email. Unfortunately we haven't seen a demand for this vehicle.

Is there a strong demand on your forums?

If you can obtain 10 users who are interested we can create a solution.

ExtendMySeat LLC | www.extendmyseat.com
I too have sent off a request for mitsubishi Outlander but never recieved a reply at all. I wonder if theres at least 10 of us on here who can get something happening?

Hi @spc983 At this late date I'm doubtful since we didn't get ten together when the cars were young. Here’s a photo showing the four seat mounting points (two front studs and two rear threaded holes). At only 5’10, I got used to the seats, but fabricating your own adapters to move the mounting points forward shouldn’t be too hard.

Attachments

• IMG_8741.jpeg
    IMG_8741.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1
Back