No READY. P1A15 error. Condenser charge timeout.

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there, I have the same problem with p1a15 capacitor Charging fault. Charging time too long.

I have replaced pcb underneath and moved eeprom to new pcb.

The fault comes every time I try to start car.

Car won't go to ready mode.

Any idea where to look?

Hi, As my posts state, I did not replace anything, I just added the resistor to the hybrid board (is that the PCB you replaced?). If you have replaced the hybrid board entirely with a new one, then I can’t see why this would not have rectified the fault… *if* it is the same fault that my car had.

If the PCB replaced is the hybrid board, then the implication is that something else is causing your issue, and I suspect the only way to make any progress will be to employ an oscilloscope on the capacitor (initially) to see if indeed the charging time exceeds what is the maximum (whatever that is) and go from there.

I assume you have watched the other two prints or videos that I watched which may give you some clues…?

Sorry I can’t help with anything more constructive.

Please take a look at the "Index" post #4 on page 1 for this problem. This can help you quickly get up to speed on everything we know about this code and some solutions that have been tried without the need to read thru every page.

I will take one from the old pcb. What numbers on top is okay to use .

Ismd resistor 1002 , 20EE , 3302 , 2202, 4702

Or I have resistor 1k ohm, 467ohm, 118ohm

Anytime of these would work?

Hi,
With respect, i am getting the sense that you really have no idea what you are doing. ‘1MR 1/8W’ is a very explicit description for a very common resistor (and i assumed you had watched the videos in this thread already - why wouldn’t you? - and would therefore know that we are talking about resistors with leads, here, not surface-mount ones. It’s a pretty fundamental difference!). Do you not have someone you know who can do this for you who knows a bit more about electronics? Apart from anything else, you are dealing with a system powered by 300VDC that is totally capable of killing you if you are not careful!

Sorry if this sounds rude, that is not my intention.

1MR is 1 mega-Ohm, or 1,000,000 Ohms (1 million Ohms). This is a repair from page 5 using smd:

UFACkBPl.jpg

No. There are hundreds of common resistor values. This one happens to be at the high resistance end. None of the resistors you mentioned is even 3% of the resistance required.

Good morning
I had a P1A15 fault code which I repaired by adding a 3.9 Mega ohm resistor,
so no more fault but impossible to charge in 220v,
the charger displays green and orange lights and the orange light immediately disappears,
I no longer have a fault with the OBD but impossible to change, the car runs very well.
please help me
THANKS

Daniel11 said:
Good morning
I had a P1A15 fault code which I repaired by adding a 3.9 Mega ohm resistor,
so no more fault but impossible to charge in 220v,
the charger displays green and orange lights and the orange light immediately disappears,
I no longer have a fault with the OBD but impossible to change, the car runs very well.
please help me
THANKS

I think you would be better off creating a new thread.
I would first try another charging cable to see if it is the cable that is faulty rather than the car as the Type 1 plugs are prone to failure with age or careless handling.

Today I fixed fault p1a15.
I didn't have any 1m ohm resistor.
I found 3m ohm and installed.

Dtc is gone and I'm able to turn on the car.
But won't allow me to drive.
I now get new dtc.

In MCU I get p1A1C and P0A0D
Motor drive voltage high (MCU)
Motor drive voltage ultra (MCU)

In ev-ecu I get p1A1C and p1A22
Motor drive voltage high (MCU)
Motor drive volt ultra (HV Detect)

Any knowledge about to fix this?

Or could it be because I have 3m resistor ?

The 3Meg resistor was likely too high, and this has shifted the voltage measured at the hybrid board too high--which is what all the new codes are about.

kiev said:
The 3Meg resistor was likely too high, and this has shifted the voltage measured at the hybrid board too high--which is what all the new codes are about.

You have the patience of a saint!

Hi folks

sorry for my rough english, I'm french and I don't use a translator.
I'm a skilled electronic engineer . I bough a Peugeot Ion (sale as Czero or Imiev) and I enjoy it.
I don't have (yet) this issue discussed here. But I'm curious.
I found some picture and diagram here from people trying to find where the root cause is settled .
I would like to know if somebody intend to reverse the ISA215 board.
My goal is to do the job if not done previously , because I recognize some classical synchrone rectification topology ( analog voltage transmited through a transformer) . I also recognize a small flyback topology
Does someone have a defective ISA215 board to submit ? or at least able to give a clue about hiden tracks?

best regards

Bon Noir Iso, and welcome to the forum, your english is much better than my french.

The hybrid board has been reversed but it would be good to have some fresh eyes take a look and correct any errors. There is an Index Post on page 1, post #4, https://myimiev.com/threads/no-ready-p1a15-error-condenser-charge-timeout.4225/post-38264

Hopefully the links to pictures and circuit diagrams will help you get up to speed. It is a very simple circuit but one IC has not been identified, and the intermittent nature of the fault has eluded a clear capture.

Feel free to start a new thread with focus on the reverse efforts if you would like and we can transfer over the technical info as needed, this one has grown quite large

Hi Kiev

thx for for your quick answer.
As I'm new here I was affraid, I didn't want to hurt anybody (and still don't want to) .
I saw the very beguining of the thread with all data links wrapped-up in a post : very effective thanks
As you suggested , I'll start a thread about this topic
best regard

I have P1A15 error at i-miev Mitsubishi 2012
I will open the inverter to instal thous 1kohm resistors but I want to understand why 12V battery is dragging so fast ( some days).
Last battery was new ( seller told me) , and I changed with new one to be sure.

P1A15 was prezent. I clear it.
Didn't drived. Battery died.
Charged, drived 5km, stop and after 15min didn't put in ready. Seen errors but can't cleared with 3 diagnosis tools. Add a bigger 12V in paralel , cleard errors , drived back (5km) stop , but after this stop can't clear errors again with 12V in paralel.

Back