MiEV-CAN

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there info available on the CANbus for motor/charger/controller temp? I'd be interested in seeing what calls for the circulation pump to turn on and off, and at what temps it does this at.

Bonjour,
Yes there are some infos on the CANBUS with Temps....
But at this time, I have no ideas about their "owner"...

It is necessary to sniff the canbus and to log at the same time with the service-tool.
and go fishing for similarities....

Xavier

Thank you for all of your works. I've lot of good info for me. I work as same as yours but I'm using NI 9862 module. I will update my work soon after doing some test.

Our team is going to replace i-MiEV's inverter. We need to decode all CAN's message then fake the origin's ones. Do you think it's possible?

Musea said:
Our team is going to replace i-MiEV's inverter.

I am told the inverter is living in the same box the charger is.

Reading from canIon users it looks like our 12V system is stealing some 1/3 kW constantly via the DC-DC and I am thinking of getting rid of it by replacing Lead Acid with Lithium and no DC-DC at all. Ok the CANBUS can switch it off at least. A lithium battery will stop it from running as long as the voltage is higher than 14.4 volts.

I guess when the gauge is running down to 2 bars and the gauge starts blinking we will see the command to stop the DC-DC and its answer.

Or do you mean the inverter that feeds the motor?

Cheers
Peter and Karin

peterdambier said:
Reading from canIon users it looks like our 12V system is stealing some 1/3 kW constantly via the DC-DC and I am thinking of getting rid of it by replacing Lead Acid with Lithium and no DC-DC at all. Ok the CANBUS can switch it off at least. A lithium battery will stop it from running as long as the voltage is higher than 14.4 volts.
With a 300+ watt load on it, the lithium battery will never read more than 13 volts or so - You'll have to manually disable the DC to DC. I think you'd need a fairly large lithium replacement battery if your goal is to have it last as long as the traction battery will take you. There are some pretty significant loads on the 12 volt system. Power steering, the vacuum pump for the brakes all of the various pumps and fans for the motor/inverter cooling system and the car's heating and A/C system, all the lights, wipers etc, not to mention the car's computer and the stereo system

If it's currently using 1/3 Kwh, then to have a 2 hour supply, you'd need at least a 60 Ah lithium accessory battery. That won't be cheap

Don

peterdambier said:
Or do you mean the inverter that feeds the motor?
Yes. We basically finished building power module (55kW) and are testing with loads. Also we are going to build another charger.

To decode can data, i intend to gather all data on can bus when the car working normally. Then, I unplug its parts one by one and check the absence of IDs.

Looks fun. A hole new engine compartment except for the motor.

Glad we do have a single CANBUS only, except for the CHAdeMO.

I am waiting for some Leaf modules to hit the DIY market. 2 of them in series give us some 15V. They used to be some 50 ampere hours when they were new. 4 Modules might fit into the same space our 12V battery lives.

Cheers
Peter and Karin

Yes, it does look to be a good platform for the Canion app. I pre-ordered one since the price will go up soon. Here is a link to see it and pre-order: http://www.navdy.com/e8IvqcPM

I saw a $125 MUT3 on ebay. Not sure how good it is, or if it's usable with the i-MieV, but I was wondering if it allows customizing some settings?

Back