i-MiEV by the Numbers

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MLucas, thank you for this post. I see that they've picked up on many of the elements we've been discussing on this forum, and I'm glad to see it; unfortunately, the innumerate marketeers failed to note that 20,000 golf balls weigh 2025# (918.5kg), exceeding the carrying capacity of our little iMiEV. :geek: :roll: :cry: :lol:

Fun, yes. But the alert reader will note that the "go 100 miles for $3.60" slide forgets to mention that you'll need to stop and charge for a couple of hours along the way. Why not just say "Fill 'er up for $2.25" since that's all the juice we can carry?

When I told my dad (who works for a different car company!) about my i-MiEV, I told him to guess from clues I gave him. While playing this game, I realized that our i-MiEV looks great by the numbers! Without thinking about the i-MiEV, think about the kind of car that comes to mind:

• Larger rear tires than front tires
• Rear-wheel drive
• Motor has 9900 RPM redline
• Low center of gravity
• Electric power steering
• Light-weight body and components

Amazingly, my dad came up with the Mazda RX-8, which matches all this criteria except for the redline (9000 RPM instead of 9900 RPM). I thought about it and he wasn't far off, especially since my previous car was a Mazda 3. :D Our little car is amazing!

Back