I-miev battery warranty EU - difference

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meier

Hi guys - and thx for this great forum - because of all the info here it feels safe to buy a used I-miev (or ion/c-zero) ..

I have found in Denmark a used 2012 (unused demo) car with 2000km can be had for aprox 15.000$ - But i realise warranty is only 5 years/100.000km in Denmark -

So since there is no way of knowing how the battery have been stored for 4 years, im thinking on getting a car from a country with better warranty...

Does this make sense ... those demo cars might have been stored at full capacity for a long period i think ?

Any one know a link to a comparison on the warranty on these cars in EU countries -

Thx

Hi meier, and welcome to the forum.

Although warranty in EU has been mentioned in a few places, I don't recall any post or link summarizing the differences. Anyone?

If you are purchasing from a dealer and this was a "demo car", I would insist that the dealer provide the full five-year warranty with the car, IN WRITING. In any case, I would also ask that the dealer perform a battery health test showing capacity and individual cell voltages (to see how well balanced they are). In addition, I would still negotiate that price downward significantly, as the fear you expressed about battery storage over all these years would also be my conern. If you are intent on buying an i-MiEV or one of its siblings, it may be worthwhile for you to invest in an Android device, LX/MX bluetooth OBDII, and CaniOn and EVBatMon apps so you can make those tests yourself.

Good luck to you!

Uk warranty was 5 years, but is going to 10.

I would have thought that Mitsubishi would gradually roll out the 10 year EU wide... so why not contact mitsubishi Denmark?

I can't see how Mitsubishi could have 5 years in one part and 10 in another, which could effectively be the next street away.

Back