i-Miev armrest

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great suggestion sheinr4143. I just purchased one on Amazon. Did you cut off the installation notch on the base of the armrest cup holder? It will not go all the way in, due to extra length of this notch.
Appreciate your input.
Thanks

Hi toimiev and welcome to the forum!
toimiev said:
...I just purchased one on Amazon. Did you cut off the installation notch on the base of the armrest cup holder? It will not go all the way in, due to extra length of this notch...
I've now bought four of these (gave one to my buddy for his i-MiEV, plus one for each of my own). Haven't bothered cutting anything off and just stuck them in, figuring the armrest will break loose without damaging anything if inadvertently whapped, and it's certainly in tightly enough for everyday use.

I wrapped the base of the unmodified armrest with a single layer of duct tape and wedged it into the cupholder; in our experience following this simple installation procedure the armrest will bear elbow weight without shifting position. :D

Thanks for the fast replies, and the welcome to the I-MIEV nation. I just bought my 2016 a couple of weeks ago for a very reasonable price, and enjoying every minute of driving it.

Back