Exclamation Point light

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatedad11

Don't know how else to describe this, but there is a yellow "exclamation point" light that is now lit up under my "READY" symbol of my dashboard. Car runs great, noticed no diference at all, but would like to know if anyone else has encountered this?

Thanks,
Lou

Do you remember anything specific when the light came on, or did it show up on startup? If it was after charging, there may be an issue with the charger.

This light is the high voltage warning light, I believe. It's the light that comes on when the remote was used on level 2 (Isn't this a past issue now, or is it still a problem? I rarely use the remote, and use level 2 even less)

A YELLOW exclamation light? Are you sure that isn't the low tire pressure warning? That would be surrounded by what looks like a tire cross-section (sort of a "U" around the exclamation point). That's moderately sensitive, I was once careless enough to get it, and one tire was about 3-4 pounds below the labeled 36psi.

If that's it, don't be concerned if it's still on when you first drive the car after topping off the tire(s) - it apparently doesn't read the sensor continuously, but it will eventually update and go off, I don't remember exactly how long (certainly no more than a couple of minutes).

Guys:
Thanks for the responses. I don't think it's either a charger issue or tire pressure warning(I do not use Level II charging, and I checked the tires and they seem fine). However, I am going to check again when I go out to the car and see again exactly what the light is. Of course I could(will) check the manual and ID the symbol that is popping up. It has been on (mostly,it does sometimes toggle off)for the better part of the last 2-3 days.
Lou

Take it to the dealer and let them scan the system to find out what's going on. It is telling you something is going wrong in the EV drive system that needs to be attended to. They should be able to pull up a history and what's known as freeze frame data to find out when this is happening. You are luck you are getting a "ready" light, the last time I caused a problem, the only light I had was the warning light.

Double check your tires. The light you are describing came on on my car recently. One tire was down to about 32psi...hardly dangerously low, but I pumped it up to 40 psi again, and the light went off. You might have to turn the ignition on and off once or twice, and give it 5 or 10 minutes to read the higher pressure.

gatedad11 said:
...yellow "exclamation point" light that is now lit up under my "READY" symbol ...
FAULTLIGHTTirePressureMiev_zps976fd177.png
Low tire pressure. I had this the day after I bought the car, but never since.
siai47 said:
Take it to the dealer and let them scan the system to find out what's going on. It is telling you something is going wrong in the EV drive system ...
From the PEUGEOT ower;s manual:
FAULTLIGHTHighvoltageEVMiev_zpsa94d5922.png

You must stop as soon as it is safe to do so. Have it checked by a PEUGEOT dealer or a qualified workshop.

FAULTLIGHTBrakeMiev_zps4be836a3.png

The braking system fluid level has dropped significantly. or Braking assistance system fault. The North Am. i-MiEV icon is word BRAKE in red.

Back