CHECKING COOLANT LEVEL

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANDY4004

Had the car 6 weeks now just checked Tyre Pressure as they looked a bit flat. They were all at 20PSI when the manual says 36PSI. Pumped them up. I thought that as the Mitsubishi garage hadn't checked the Tyre Pressures when selling it to me then they probably haven't checked the coolant level either.Anyway I opened the boot pulled up the carpet was just about to open the Electric Motor Cover when I saw a notice which said " Due to high Voltage access to the coolant level has been restricted in UK If you need to check coolant level contact your dealer" So it looks as though I'll have to rely on the dealer to check it in 11 months time at its next service. ANDY

You must be one of those that never takes the tags off the mattreses either?

We don't have that warning on our NA i-MiEVs even in this lawsuit-mad country. Just unbolt the cover and take a gander at the fluid level. All of the high voltage wires are covered in orange and the car is perfectly safe to check this fluid level. If you really are unsure there is a service plug under the drivers seat that will disconnect the battery, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Another way, you may be able to lift the car and look from the bottom without removing the cover.

Back