Word directly from Mitsubishi on date of USA 2014 MiEV

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at the NY auto Show yesterday, (see all my comments in that thread), but the representative on the floor said, "the 2014 iMievs are being shipped now".

Hello! A customer advised that I join this group and share as much information as possible. Here's what I know and if you have any questions about ordering/equipment/incentives, please do let me know. I'd love to help!

We will be receiving our first iMiEV in the first week of June and we are very excited to finally see it! The problem that arises is that it takes 5 months from the day it's ordered. After driving the new 2014, it turns out it's definitely worth the wait!

Mitsubishi has done a number of great things with the 2014 iMiEV, especially adding the Aqua Marine Blue and implementing the unified color interior!

Mitsubishi is improving competitive levels of standard equipment by adding the following:

Driver Passenger Heated Seat
Charge Port Lamp
8A/12A Switchable Charge Cable
Rear Door Speakers
Quick Charge Port - Level 3
Battery Warming System
Heated Side view Mirror
Aluminum Wheels
Front Fog Lights
Daytime Running Lights
Leather Steering Wheel
Leather Shift Knob
Silver Meter Ring (Paint)
Mat Black Shift Indicator Panel (Paint)
Shift Indicator Panel Ring
Passenger Side Vanity Mirror With Lid

Mitsubishi is trying it's best to streamline dealer ordering and reduce inventory complexity. They are also dropping factory navigation due to high investment costs and low volume. MSRP starts at $22,995 plus transportation fees. Again, if you have any questions I'll be more than glad to find you an answer! :D

Morgan said:
Hello! A customer advised that I join this group and share as much information as possible. Here's what I know and if you have any questions about ordering/equipment/incentives, please do let me know. I'd love to help!

We will be receiving our first iMiEV in the first week of June and we are very excited to finally see it! The problem that arises is that it takes 5 months from the day it's ordered. After driving the new 2014, it turns out it's definitely worth the wait!

Mitsubishi has done a number of great things with the 2014 iMiEV, especially adding the Aqua Marine Blue and implementing the unified color interior!

Mitsubishi is improving competitive levels of standard equipment by adding the following:

Driver Passenger Heated Seat
Charge Port Lamp
8A/12A Switchable Charge Cable
Rear Door Speakers
Quick Charge Port - Level 3
Battery Warming System
Heated Side view Mirror
Aluminum Wheels
Front Fog Lights
Daytime Running Lights
Leather Steering Wheel
Leather Shift Knob
Silver Meter Ring (Paint)
Mat Black Shift Indicator Panel (Paint)
Shift Indicator Panel Ring
Passenger Side Vanity Mirror With Lid

Mitsubishi is trying it's best to streamline dealer ordering and reduce inventory complexity. They are also dropping factory navigation due to high investment costs and low volume. MSRP starts at $22,995 plus transportation fees. Again, if you have any questions I'll be more than glad to find you an answer! :D

Where are you located?

Thank you Morgan- we get very little in the line of 'official' info from Mitsubishi. If the nav package is disco, well, it'd be some solace for the premium paid by us early adopters (besides the 2.5 years and nearly 40,000 miles of driving some of us already got out of our i-cars)!
I'm glad to hear about the charging port light. First person with a photo and a part # gets a prize!

I am located at Fort Collins Mitsubishi in Fort Collins Colorado. I'm working on getting you the part number now. I'll even see if I can dig up a picture of it! P.S, you owe me HUGE for this one ;) ha ha

Alas! I have found the part number for the charge port lamp....8390A010. I'm looking into availability of the back up camera as well. Although I'm pretty sure that it is a thing of the past, that doesn't mean you can't find it aftermarket! :)

Thanks Morgan, If that charge port lamp can be retrofitted, I'll buy it from you.
Have you explored importing used i-MiEV from other states? CO's tax credit structure would seem to make this an attractive line of business.

I have parts looking into it now, I don't see why it would be an issue as everything is pretty much the same except for standard options and accessories.
Unfortunately we have not looked into seeking used i-MiEV's as of yet. We are brand new to the area having only been in business for less than six months. The good news is that we are really happy to be here and to provide such a great, yet not widely known product!

The first (that I have seen) 2014 I-Miev showed up at our local dealer. For lack of a better way of including an image, below is a Facebook link to an image I took of the window sticker.
Dave

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=453542588125145&set=a.185534168259323.64166.100004082237007&type=1&theater

Mitsubishi finally has the i-MiEV back on the front page of their site, though you can't see much. About the most you can see is "The most affordable electric vehicle in America".

I just clicked on the "Build and Price" link, and got some nice goobly gook ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6UZKnF4n8nMDFhT2VaYThBWkU/edit?usp=sharing

I guess they've got some work to do yet ...

That's more than I got, they're making progress.

I haven't seen any mention of a bigger charger, so I'd say they still have a 3.3 kW charger.

Looks good now, I can build and price with all the color and accessory choices available. It looks pretty nice - now they just need to do a little bit of advertising, come up with some attractive lease rates, and I think they will move a lot of them.

Back