using the remote climate control

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjpod

I tried the search feature...but it seems to work worse than the remote control..haha. If someone can direct me to a discussion on this...??

Anyway, sometimes I can't seem to get the command to enable heat/defrost. My distance to the car is short (less than 25 feet). Car is off, doors closed, battery more than half full, etc. Are there any easy tricks that I am missing?

I've only used it once - When the wife had a huge wedding cake in the back of the car that we needed to keep cool until we could deliver it. Anyway, pretty sure you need the EVSE plugged in for the remote climate control to function

[Edit] Yup - Page 1-59 of the owners manual. The remote climate control runs off power supplied by the EVSE

Don

yup. did that. I seem to find that if you push a wrong button and "send a signal", you can't send another one right away. If I go back an hour later then it will take the command

There's a bit on this in this thread: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=678

The main point of that thread is the EMU warning light coming on when using the remote with a L2 EVSE, but the pre-conditioning topic is in there.

Basically, the pre-heat/cool works fine if the car has completed its charge cycle and is still plugged in. However, if it's plugged in and currently charging, you'll have to do the "MiEV Remote Dance."

First push to turn on the remote will result in the car charger shutting off (about 13 sec). Then you'll cycle through to tell it to pre-heat. You'll probably get an error, but the car will start charging again. Try it again, and it should work. Or not. Just keep hitting the "transmit/on" button until you can see that the heat or A/C is running.

When you use climate control with the remote, how long does it stay on? Also, if you use heat on level 1 with the included EVSE, is the heater's power limited to what the EVSE can supply, or does it use battery power as well?

The timer is set to 30 minutes

As to what it will do concerning battery usage, that's a good question. The book says "When the Remote Climate Control is activated while charging the Main Drive Lithium-ion Battery, the time required to fully charge will become longer or the amount of charge may decrease if the off-timer has been set"

Take that for what it's worth

Don

Never had a problem with the remote and I use it regularly. I also don't get the EMu warning light either, that could be your problem. I just turn it on using the top button, hit the middle button three times to get to the Climate Control settings, then use the front buttons to get to the Climate I want and then hit the top button quickly.

If I do this at home where I'm fairly close, it takes on the first round every time. If I do this at work from my office window and transmit across to the parking structure in back, I just have to make sure the car can get the signal. I find sometimes I have to get just the right angle and it will take instantly.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with this. Try checking your batteries, they may be weak.

Back