Radio problem solved

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjpod

Ive had my I es since may, and shortly after I got it, the radio started acting up. It would just die, along with the clock display, and although the turn signals worked, they became silent.

It happened infrequently, but when it did, it would stay out for several hours. I could not relate it to anything..not time of day, or bumps in the road, or the weather.

So I finally took it to the dealer today and they found that a fuse had not been pushed in properly. They alluded to some fuse that normally is out when the car is delivered from the factory, but they normally push it in at the dealership, but mine was not pushed in properly.

The service was great at Bell Mitsubishi in NJ, BTW. They had me in and out within an hour. They only sell Mitsubishi and their brand specific skills came through.

Mine had a issue like that but it would say Error DC

6 hours later the found a lose connector under the dash and we were back up and running.

You were fixed so rapidly because that dealer contacted the techline for Mitsubishi Motors. Glad you're fixed though!

mitsutech2007 said:
You were fixed so rapidly because that dealer contacted the techline for Mitsubishi Motors. Glad you're fixed though!
Hmmm...so dealers can call Mitubishi and inquire if the same issue has come up before. good thinkin.

Could it really be that easy?

// flips through manual, chooses a few fuses that look suspicious
// goes to i, looks at suspicious fuses
// notices strange, yellow surround by two fuses, including one suspicious one
// pulls yellow surround out a bit, pushes it back in
// RADIO WORKS!

Really? It was that easy? Fortunately I only had my i for 3 days so far. The silence in driving is fun, but I love music too much. The problem is the yellow surround is too thick or whatever, and the fuses don't sit down completely into the fuse block.

Here's the yellow surround, under the dash board, left side (US model). Pull it gently out, push it back in firmly... profit!

Sorry about the huge image. The TIMG tag doesn't seem to work here.

ZMkzFgQ.jpg

Back