Fault codes

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sileo

Hi guys , changed the 12v battery a few walks ago seemed ok , now showing battery light , warning signal after a minute of ready , fault codes p1a44 bmu leak detection , u1073 and u1073 , any ideas , thanks Simon

The 12V battery must be kept fully (100%) charged at all times or it will suffer capacity loss due to sulfation of the plates. If not driven everyday then an external 12V charger must be used to keep it full and maintain useful life.

The 12V battery must be kept fully (100%) charged at all times or it will suffer capacity loss due to sulfation of the plates. If not driven everyday then an external 12V charger must be used to keep it full and maintain useful life.
Hi Kiev , thanks for the reply , 12v is new the fault code is p1a44 which I think is leak detection, can be faulty compressor water in the unit or bad connectors , any ideas? Simon

No more "U" codes?

The first step for the P1A44 is to check for CAN Buss faults, which can result from a low 12V battery. It may be new but needs to be charged and tested to verify it is good and strong.

The FSM shows 25 troubleshooting steps for this code,
Wiring diagram P1A44

Hi Kiev , thanks for the reply , 12v is new the fault code is p1a44 which I think is leak detection, can be faulty compressor water in the unit or bad connectors , any ideas? Simon
Hi Kiev thanks for the info will look at the fault finding , it did have u1073 and u1111 , I cleared those and I think the only fault code is p1a44

Howdy Simon,

i don't know your technical level of car repair, but clearing the codes does not fix the problem. The problem must be found and solved, then the codes can be cleared if they don't already clear on their own.

Back