Correlation between cell temperatures and cell degradation

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malm

http://www.nissanleafpt.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1556&start=610

I know where are the sensors, i know where are the cells, i know my individual cell degradation, i know how they heat, i know... Another Portuguese i-MiEV with 40.000 miles in three years is surely worst then mine. Temperatures in Portugal surely take an important role in this.

I know of a few people in Perth Australia who have similar Km on there Imiev without any noticeable cell performance-drop.I would say the average temperatures there would be just as hot if not hotter to your location.

temperatur.eng.png

10898363464_825a2ce8e7.jpg

Kurt

offgridQLD said:
I know of a few people in Perth Australia who have similar Km on there Imiev without any noticeable cell performance-drop.I would say the average temperatures there would be just as hot if not hotter to your location.

temperatur.eng.png

10898363464_825a2ce8e7.jpg

Kurt

Yes, the average temperatures are a little higher in Perth Australia. I admit that mine could have more cell performance-drop then the average. But when comparing with Nissan Leaf with the same age, mileage and location, it seems better by far. And my degradation is not easy to notice, not easy at all. Most of the times it charges the sixteen bars (it only showed the true two times, when the charge began with cells very well balanced). Without using Canion, i would fill like it was new, because i can do the same mileage as new with the sixth bar, and the fifth, and the fourth,... Just will not have energy in the last one, but because it's rare to go to the last one, we don't see it.

I see the energy in a i-MiEV as a blanket, that is shrinking. When it was new, the blanket covered all. Now it just cover 9% of the total, and because he tends to cover the head, it lacks energy in the end and the feet are not covered any more.

Back