Cheap CHAdeMO for Home

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Negue

Someone buyed a cheap ChaDeMo for Home/business Socket?
I find on Alibaba extremely cheap ones less then 1000€ ~15kwh 400V 3phase and I'm curious if someone buyed and use something like that.
Considering that a normal 230V/16A ( 3.5kw) is ~300€ I think is a good deal, offcource if buyer have electrical setup to suport it.

Negue, don't understand the question. CHAdeMO is high voltage dc - are you talking only about the cable?
The only CHAdeMO charger that I know about for home use is the Setec unit. I have one, but it was very expensive, had high shipping cost, and in the US had import duties and state taxes added.
https://www.setec-power.com/10kw-dc-fast-charger/

Someone buyed a cheap ChaDeMo for Home/business Socket?
I find on Alibaba extremely cheap ones less then 1000€ ~15kwh 400V 3phase and I'm curious if someone buyed and use something like that.
Considering that a normal 230V/16A ( 3.5kw) is ~300€ I think is a good deal, offcource if buyer have electrical setup to suport it.
I was looking for just the CHAdeMON plug for a project a while back and couldn’t find anything below €1000, supposedly getting a complete unit for the same money sounds too good to be true…

a V2G bidirectional setup would charge via dc chademo surely ? bypassing the onboard charger ?
a single phase 3kw small domestic dc charger would be handy as an option for us
the uk did some V2G trials recently, and they have closed for analysis apparently

a V2G bidirectional setup would charge via dc chademo surely ? bypassing the onboard charger ?
the uk did some V2G trials recently, and they have closed for analysis apparently
I was actually trying to set up a V2H but cost for just the connector put a quick end to that dream, but the CHAdeMON port on an IMIEV is bidirectional although I hadn’t planned using the actual protocol

Screenshot_2024-04-23-10-29-26-24_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpgYesterday I find something like that but was in RON Currency and didn't print screened.
Is so cheap like only a DC plug but if someone else have similarly and say is good it's a good deal.

V2G with 3D print ChaDeMo plug, 2 years video.

have been keeping an eye for an inexpensive Chademo plug as well, hoping that there would be plenty in the States as more and more EVs go CCS...but still looking

Negue, your image shows a 3-Phase 20kW DC output EVSE with a CCS2 plug, not a ChaDeMo plug.

Were you suggesting this as a suitable power source ?

Negue, if you're talking about V2H (or V2G), we have a number of threads on this forum which discuss this, including referring to Ben Nelson's home-built CHAdeMO connector.
https://myimiev.com/threads/is-the-2012-i-miev-chademo-bi-directional.5221/#post-45903

My CAN't bus skills are non-existent, as I believe that's the area needing hacking to make that Setec V2H work with our i-MiEVs.

BTW, I purchased both CHAdeMO and CCS1 cables for my 10kW Setec charger. They each plug into the same connector on the Setec unit.

Edit: I can't find the thread(s) on this forum which detail the circuit and simple mod (under the back seat of the i-MiEV) to enable CHAdeMO. IIRC, it used 12v to just pull in a relay. Anyone?

Negue, your image shows a 3-Phase 20kW DC output EVSE with a CCS2 plug, not a ChaDeMo plug.

Were you suggesting this as a suitable power source ?
In that print screen, description, say that can be shipped with 1 needed plug , with software included and electronic/inverter. Indeed is so cheap and that way I ask if someone buyed and use "Portable EV DC charger" 1-2K$

i think the trick to opening the chademo port to the pack was in the technical read-only section, or in my old forum blog (long since dropped from the forum)

Negue, if you're talking about V2H (or V2G), we have a number of threads on ...

My CAN't bus skills are non-existent, as I believe that's the area needing hacking to make that Setec V2H work with our i-MiEVs.

BTW, I purchased both CHAdeMO and CCS1 cables for my 10kW Setec charger. They each plug into the same connector on the Setec unit.

Edit: I can't find the thread(s) on this forum which detail the circuit and simple mod (under the back seat of the i-MiEV) to enable CHAdeMO. IIRC, it used 12v to just pull in a relay. Anyone?

I only try to help Frank1 with a answer :)

I only want to know if I can find a good cheap charger DC 10kwh 3phase.

https://www.ev-chargers.eu/en/manufacturer/setec/10
Finded Setec 10kwh at 3000€ put hope to find something cheaper.

Last edited:
Plenty of used power supplies out there, for example, 3-phase 500VDC 20A for $750 on ebay,
EMI TCR 500T20-1 Power Supply
7U rack mount with carrying handlesScreenshot 2024-04-23 at 12.34.08 PM.png

Last edited:
Plenty of used power supplies out there, for example, 3-phase 500VDC 20A for $750 on ebay,
EMI TCR 500T20-1 Power Supply
7U rack mount with carrying handlesView attachment 507
Can you elaborate about adding this power supply in my teoretic ChaDeMo charger ?
If I have a power supply like that still I need a case setup with ChaDeMo software and plug, no?

I thinking to recover a 11kw power supply from a damage car that have this 3phase inverter.
Probably is more cheap , compact and good quality but from here to actually charging is far away :/

Last edited:
Back