What to do while waiting for your i-MiEV to charge?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PV1 said:
Don said:
...someone will abuse the privilege and many times it will turn out to be a Volt...
Got one of these in my area. A Giant Eagle installed a public charging station (not just on PlugShare, it has signs for public use on the EVSE itself), but it's only for the store manager's Volt.

Someone on Plugshare said that the desk told them to just unplug it, but doesn't the Volt's alarm go off if it gets unplugged?

I unplugged a Volt to try a newly installed Voltec EVSE - and yep, got an annoying alarm. Thankfully I know the guy well and it was at work, so nobody came running out to give me a ticket or curse at me for touching their car ;).

To add my thoughts on this topic: when I stay long at public charger with no restaurant or cafe near, I usualy take my laptop with me and do anything for work. In winter there's always a fan heater and a power strip in the trunk so it's warm in the car while charging and working.

Back