Warranty Work Done?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nature of this post is that
No News is Good News

So far a good indicator how the I Miev is performing
Hopefully this will continue as the members rack up miles/km

acensor said:
Hey, aren't there one or two other EV forums that might have MiEV owners there who aren't here?
If so maybe one of use could go there and post the same request and/or invite the MiEV lost sheep to drop in here

If anyone is active on one of these other I Miev forums - by all means - offer an invitation to participate

Just adding This recent posting

alohart said:
Post subject: Re: I'm losing faith in Mitsubishi. Reply with quote
We got the I-Miev back! Yippeee! And.... it's fixed! Well.... I haven't tried the AC yet as it got returned at sundown last night, but I'm sure they wouldn't pay to return it unless it was right.

My faith is restored. I spoke with the regional rep last Friday. I expressed to him I thought the new AC compressor could be here in the USA quickly if desired. On Monday I got a call saying it would be 7 or 8 days to get the compressor. Oddly, the next day I got a call saying the compressor had come in, the mechanics jumped on it and the job was done. I'm so happy to get my little friend back. Even though we only had it a short time before this problem was discovered we sure missed it.

Link to the complete posting

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1607

This appears to be a serious warranty issue recently posted

Re: ANY reports of really expensive repairs problems with MiEVs?
tonymil said:
I spoke with the tech guy at my dealer today. Mitsubishi corporate has decided to give me a new battery because two cells in my battery are defective. I was told by the tech guy that my situation of driving a mile with zero range and then not being able to charge for 4 hours did not cause the defect, he said the car and battery are made to tolerate that situation. He didn't say this but my guess is that even though that event didn't cause the defects in the cells, it exposed them. It just seems too coincidental that I have that problem on a Wednesday-Thursday and the following Sunday the car won't fully charge.

So I also was told that a battery will be built specifically for my car and that it should take two weeks to arrive. In the meantime I'll be driving my Mitsu with its diminished range. Kudos to Mitsu for a hassle-free honoring of the battery warranty and for not trying to just replace the defective cells.

Link to the full posting

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1567&start=20

There appears to be another serious warranty issue that was posted in February 2013

Re: Update after 9 months and a winter

mievsolar said:
After driving the MiEV for almost one year here s my report and wish list:

1. I have had to have the whole battery pack replaced a few months ago. It was self discharging on its own, noticed a considerable from in range plus it would not charge to 100%. It took about two weeks to get the battery pack replaced after they ran a diagnostic test on the car. Now it runs like it did originally.......

Link to the full posting

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=7413#p7413

Back