Ursula - 2011 I-MiEV Sweden

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dopey

Hi,

Have had her since summer of 2022.

Battery is showing 70% SoH, it was worse but performed a reset using iCarSoft and it reset and began slowly dropping. Has stabilized around the 70% SoH.

It's a great little vehicle for short trips. Regularly filled with materials for home renovation, or trips to the dump.

I run an OVMS module in the car to monitor it's status such as charging, door locks, etc.

I have attempted some canbus efforts when I first purchased her, but stopped end of 2022. I do own an icarsoft, and tools for capturing can traffic.

I have attempted some canbus efforts when I first purchased her, but stopped end of 2022. I do own an icarsoft, and tools for capturing can traffic.
Hello dopey, welcome to the forum.

A SoH of 70% is actually quite good considering the age of the car and the fact that it’s most likely equipped with the original LEV50 cells.

Curious what you were planning to do ‘canbus wise’, care to elaborate?

Mickey

Hello dopey, welcome to the forum.

A SoH of 70% is actually quite good considering the age of the car and the fact that it’s most likely equipped with the original LEV50 cells.

Curious what you were planning to do ‘canbus wise’, care to elaborate?

Mickey
I guess like 99.99% of new owners - control remote heating during the winter :)

But best I can tell no one has shared how to trigger any sort of actions on I-miEVs? Whether lock/unlock, windows, etc. Let alone activating heating.

I spent some time trying to capture and replay, but aside from making some dashboard lights go nuts I never succeeded in any sort of action occurring on the car. I ultimately put a diesel heater in the trunk and used an Arduino to activate it :X

I did start making a .dbc file from the published can information I found at the time.

These days though, i'd be interested in any success on controlling the car in anyway. I have an iCarsoft, splitters, and various canEdge devices for capturing. As well the ovms unit. I did lose interest around the time I got the iCarSoft so I didn't explore all the functions it can trigger(and capture during said triggers).

I guess like 99.99% of new owners - control remote heating during the winter :)
Yes, that certainly would be nice. Major hurdle however is that seemingly only versions that come with the dedicated remote are capable of heating while plugged in.

Lacking any of the necessary hardware means you won’t be able to capture CAN traffic associated with this task, but you already figured that out and installed a diesel heater instead, btw did you pipe it into the heating circuit?

Yes, that certainly would be nice. Major hurdle however is that seemingly only versions that come with the dedicated remote are capable of heating while plugged in.

Lacking any of the necessary hardware means you won’t be able to capture CAN traffic associated with this task, but you already figured that out and installed a diesel heater instead, btw did you pipe it into the heating circuit?
No went for a simpler unit, and made a hole for the exhaust in the rear of the car. Then had it just heat the cabin.

Worked quite effective, used a small jackery battery to power it for starting to prevent accidental drain of the 12v.

Now that we have a house, also have a normal interior heater that is common here. With some home automation that turns on and preheats the car before departure.

Back