Tony's Miev

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonymil

9ttJwh.jpg

RozDFh.jpg

Tony, I really like your side graphics :cool: Your license plate/holder gets the message across :mrgreen:
You and Wee John should compare notes on how to keep your iMiEV -
1) Clean
2) Cool in summer
3) Visible at night
:roll:
:lol:

Thanks Joe. It's funny, people read the decal but still ask if it has a gas engine. They seem to not want to believe that electric cars are feasible.

I like the graphic too - Did that come from Mitsubishi? What did it cost? Can we order it from our dealers here?

After several rides in our car, a friend got out and was scratching his head with a puzzled look on his face. "I swear I can't tell at all when the engine kicks in" he said and I explained again for the umteenth time that there is no engine - No tailpipe, no gas tank (I think the little doors on each side was what was confusing him . . . . one of the two must be for gas, right?)

Anyway, I'd like to get one of the graphics you have on your car - Very sharp!

A set of the foglights (which act as DRL's during the day) would help with the visibility problem

Don

Don said:
I like the graphic too - Did that come from Mitsubishi? What did it cost? Can we order it from our dealers here?

I chose my decal through this website and then ordered it through my dealer:

http://mitsubishigraphics.com/miev.php

The decal is called "Lower EV Stripe black blue", model # MG0334. The price is $280 installed. It took a few days for the decal to arrive and then it took a few weeks for 3M to send their installer. Because 3M warrants the decal, they require that their person install it.

If you order this or any 3M decal make sure you give the dealer both the model number and description. Apparently my dealer kept coming up with a different model number when he looked up the decal through his system, but when he talked to 3M they told him the model number on this website is the correct one.

Have fun playing with the website and all the decal options. It took me a while to decide that this is the one I liked best with the black car. Keep us posted on what you choose!

Tony

The black is very sharp, I should know. I have the black too. I also tinted my windows to help out with the air conditioning, its much cooler inside.

The graphic is very nice, I like it a lot.

In Canada, day time running lights are mandatory on all vehicles. We get the fog lights as standard on the base model which are then used as DTRs.

Thanks Tony - Duh!! I'd been to that website 5 or 6 times and never noticed the pull down for the side graphics . . . . all I saw was the first 6 offerings, which I thought were all terrible :?

Could you post a pic showing how that looks on the passenger side of the car please? I'm having trouble picturing that

Edit - Duh!! X2 . . . . they have a picture of the other side of the car there too :oops:

I really like the way the black stripe just disappears on your car - Doesn't work on any other color of course

Black is just out of the question down here - If you think window tint makes a big difference in the heat in the interior of a car, it's nothing compared to what painting the car a light color will do. I had an all black 1986 Toyota Supra back in the day - I suffered through 3 summers with it before I had it repainted white . . . . relief at last! There is nothing prettier than a squeeky clean black car - Unfortunately, keeping them clean is a neverending task. Mine looked great about once or twice a month

Don

Don, I ended up with black because that was the dealer's demo model and he gave me a very nice offer for it. I was leaning toward the silver or cranberry. In fact the only reason I decided to get the decal was because I felt that the black car looked too plain. But I am very happy with it, and maybe the heat-trapping color will help me survive winter. :)

tonymil said:
Don, I ended up with black because that was the dealer's demo model and he gave me a very nice offer for it. I was leaning toward the silver or cranberry. In fact the only reason I decided to get the decal was because I felt that the black car looked too plain. But I am very happy with it, and maybe the heat-trapping color will help me survive winter. :)

Same here, the black was the only one left on the lot and I didn't want to wait for another color to be available. It was also there demo car. Being in the frigid North, where its like winter 9 mos of the year, the black may help to some degree. :p

I wasn't demeaning your color choices at all - As I said, nothing looks better (to me) than a clean black car. If anything, I was just lamenting that it's not a practical choice for me because of where I live

That side graphic was absolutely meant for a black car - It looks beautiful . . . . if they put them on every black car at the factory, I'll bet the dealers would sell out of that color first!

Don

Don said:
I wasn't demeaning your color choices at all...

Don, I didn't take what you wrote as demeaning, I agree that the car looks sharp in black with the fading blue decal, I was just making the point that I ended up with this car and decal by accident. If the dealer hadn't made the offer that he did, I would've ended up with a cranberry or silver car and no decal. I'm lucky and happy with how it worked out.

My wife lobbied hard for the Raspberry - Lucky for me it was an SE all decked out with the navi package which neither of us wanted to pay $2700 more for

Our dealer had two white SE's which equipped as we would have picked if we had pre-ordered one. The car we were giving up for the i was a silver about the same as that offered on the i and we were about tired of the silver after 10 years, so the white one it was. Like you, we got a pretty nice discount by taking one he already had in stock, so I guess ours was kinda 'by accident' too

Don

Looks good, black was my first and only consideration for this car, waited 9 months for it, if I install any graphics on the car I will probably be using matt black.

Back