Spoiler ? window shield ?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llecentaur

I made some searches on adding a spoiler on the iMiev. Saw it was mentioned in the Hypermiling thread but no further information.

Without falling back into "yound adulthood" from what I was reading on car fuel savings was that a spoiler can indeed help, specially I think at speeds above 80KM/H.

Our iMiEV have an average Cx of 0.35. Lets not forget by the way that the real drag on the car is not just function of the CX but SCx which I think incorporates the surface of the car (engineers please help) and luckily our cars do have a small surface.

Any ideas on adding a spoiler which might bring some gain when on the freeway ?

Also what about those clear plastic window shields that allow opening the windows a bit without engulfing massive amount of air ? that could also help cooling off without using AC while not damaging too much the CX ?

I have picked up somewhere a zick-zack tape for model airplanes could do wonders under the front bumper. It should reduce sensitivity for the effects of lorries passing by and maybe reduce losses a bit.

Back