Some dude unplugged my I-miev

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do the charger plugs have that little hole on the tab so you can put a lock thru it (like on our 'i' plugs) ?
I would take an electrci small drill and drill a small hole and then LOCK THAT THING IN PLACE.
THEN ... make sure your dash cam is on record so you can watch the F-er try and take it out'

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAA

I don't like the idea of locking it to my car. That might just piss him off to the point that he would key my car or puncture the tires. We've already established that we are dealing with somebody with sociopathic tendencies.

I've thought of six possible reasons why the uni-unplugger is motivated to unplug. Please add any other reasons you can think of.

1. Supports the oil industry.
2. Does not support the coal industry (large percentage of NJ electric is generated from coal).
3. Hates the environment, Al Gore, etc.
4. Believes that clean energy is a threat to jobs, like many Republicans have said.
5. Is jealous because the parking authority installed the chargers in the first (best) parking spots in the parking deck.
6. Feels that he is subsidizing my transportation costs (chargers are free, although the parking deck is provided with supplemental solar panel electric at the top of the deck, although I have no way of knowing if the uni-unplugger is aware of that).

Good point. Maybe he doesn't like me and he's personally too fearful to confront me directly.

genec said:
I've thought of six possible reasons why the uni-unplugger is motivated to unplug. Please add any other reasons you can think of.

1. Supports the oil industry.
2. Does not support the coal industry (large percentage of NJ electric is generated from coal).
3. Hates the environment, Al Gore, etc.
4. Believes that clean energy is a threat to jobs, like many Republicans have said.
5. Is jealous because the parking authority installed the chargers in the first (best) parking spots in the parking deck.
6. Feels that he is subsidizing my transportation costs (chargers are free, although the parking deck is provided with supplemental solar panel electric at the top of the deck, although I have no way of knowing if the uni-unplugger is aware of that).
7. Feels the Keystone pipeline is threatened along with the MANY temporary jobs it might bring.

8. Is unaware that solar/wind provide thousands more jobs than Keystone pipeline.

I still have not caught the nut. I placed a "I support America" american flag next to the i-miev's charging plug, in case the nut thinks that I'm anti-american for driving this new fangled electric car. I know some folks view electric cars as too radical and something only the anti-american enviro hippies might support. So by showing that I support america with a magnetic bumper sticker i'm hoping to ease his fears so he will leave my plug alone.

genec said:
I still have not caught the nut. I placed a "I support America" american flag next to the i-miev's charging plug, in case the nut thinks that I'm anti-american for driving this new fangled electric car. I know some folks view electric cars as too radical and something only the anti-american enviro hippies might support. So by showing that I support america with a magnetic bumper sticker i'm hoping to ease his fears so he will leave my plug alone.

HA- now you've done it! Your 'merican sticker is just as suspicious as that Japanes-ey storekeeper who posted the "I Am An American" banner right before being hauled off to an internment camp.... :roll:
JapaneseAmericanGrocer1942.jpg

Personally, I favor the http://www.cafepress.com/mf/19815754/powered-by-american-electrons_bumper-sticker but it's a bit ironic on a 100% imported car....

You also have to consider the possibility that someone is just being obnoxious for the sake of being obnoxious - there doesn't have to be a political statement behind them unplugging the car. I'm reminded of an episode of Top Gear where the guys are talking about it and James May says if he were a kid now, he'd go around unplugging everyone's car ;)

My miev is powered by electrons for sure.
The solar panels were made by Trina Solar, headquartered in China. So you could say the miev is powered by chinese electrons

or.....

You could say the miev is powered by electrons from the sun, which the last time I looked was owned by nobody. I'm sure Exxon or Peabody Coal would love to claim usage rights, but I'm not sure they can pull that off, no matter how many congressmen they bribe. Nevertheless we need to stay vigilant so that our electrons remain free.

I have SolarWorld panels powering my rides, which were manufactured in Oregon using mostly hydro power. No long tailpipe there.

Still looking forward to the reason you keep getting unplugged.

tattoogunman said:
You also have to consider the possibility that someone is just being obnoxious for the sake of being obnoxious - there doesn't have to be a political statement behind them unplugging the car. I'm reminded of an episode of Top Gear where the guys are talking about it and James May says if he were a kid now, he'd go around unplugging everyone's car ;)
As I understand it this program is sponsored by Royal Dutch Shell so, unplugging everyone's car is not just a "passing fancy" but more like a "critical agenda".

genec said:
You could say the miev is powered by electrons from the sun, which the last time I looked was owned by nobody.
Well technically, the Sun only sends photons -- it's the panel that makes electricity out of them. But the photons were shining on America. ;)

The uni-unplugger has stopped unplugging my miev. Here is what i think happened.
There are what appears to be two charging spots, but in actuality there is only one spot.
I was parking what looks like a charging spot but technically it isn't a charging spot, it just looks like one because the parking authority has only partially painted the spot as 'electric' and will finish painting the spot when they get the second charging wire connected. I was able to park in the non-electric spot and still charge because the cable can easily reach the required distance.
So it's really the fault of the parking authority for partially painting the parking spot now instead of waiting for the second charger to get fully installed.
I also blame the uni-unplugger for not leaving me a note explaining the reason why he was unplugging me. I would have been happy to learn what this was all about and comply by parking in the adjacent spot. The reason i was choosing the 2nd spot was because the primary spot exposes a car to cars entering the parking deck at the corner of a curve. It's unlikely someone would hit my car but i was just erring on the side of caution.

Back