Some Dealer seem to be jerks.

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkarl89203

Our I-miev has been perfect except for one thing.
The right front armrest(passenger) keeps peeling and deteriorating. Only that one.
The others never peel or crack...Never!
About 10 months ago we went to Anderson Mitsubishi in Rockford and they replaced it under warranty. No problem, great service.
Weirdly enough it deteriorated the SAME way this week. We took it back to Anderson today
And the service representative Mark actually Yelled at us and said the service manager had told him to not do ANY work on electric Mitsubishis from now on. He actually yelled at us.
Apparently (or so he says) Mitsubishi isn't paying them to service i-mievs, even for warranty work.Of course the service manager 'wasn't there.'
Anyone else running into this? These folks have done minor warranty stuff before.
Is Mitsubishi starting even to renege on warranty work?

He must not have gotten paid for the previous work.

The warranty work is 'free' to the owner, but someone has got to pay for it somewhere down the line.

If Mits corporate doesn't let that dealer do warranty jobs, then the service dept didn't get reimbursed--they probably stiffed the place. Somebody had to pay the mechanic for his time, and maybe it came out of the service reps pocket for allowing it to occur. Hope the mechanic didn't get shorted.

Bummer.

Had I known that they would replace the arm rest, I may have taken mine in. Mine is the Driver side.
I was trying to finish peeling it off .
Anyone know how to get it off all the way ?

rkarl89203 said:
… we went to Anderson Mitsubishi in Rockford...
It does not look like Anderson Mitsubishi in Rockford is an "i-MiEV Certified Dealer."
There are some dealers near Chicago that are certified.
8anKbQr.png

TsU0d2Z.png

I have had many unpleasant experiences with car dealers over the years. Dealership employees can be inconsiderate and have little knowledge about the vehicles they sell and service.

You should relate your dealership experience to Mitsubishi Motors North America.
Here is the website address to complain:
https://www.mitsubishicars.com/contact-us-form

I could see this if it was part of the electric drive system.
Frankly when we had this done the first time we were amazed at how nice and accommodating they were. That makes this even more disappointing.
We got our recall and annual work done at Biggers in Elgin...we could have this done there but hey we were so impressed by Anderson's work we thought it would be better than driving to Elgin.
Monday the service manager will hear from us. I guess what bothered me was that this guy at
Anderson had the gall to even yell at my wife, who was with me. I have a LOT of self control I found out, lol.
Mitsubishi will be apprised of this, for sure.
I suspect eventually I will get it done at Biggers in Elgin. Just shouldn't be necessary.

Biggers is a great dealer. I almost bought from them and had it shipped to Boston.
They were VERY friendly and went above what anyone else was willing to do to make the sale and have the Customer HAPPY.

My local dealer couldn't even open the trunk to check the transmission fluid in their free "29 point check"

So I hope that I don't' need to have anything done seriously to the car at that dealer.

Thanks for the complaint link. I will keep that in my favorites and hope that I don't need to use it.

So its my fault, Don?
And its the passenger side. Sheesh, did you even read my post?
I won't dignify your sarcastic reply with any further answer.

My bad!

Sorry - Evidently I was deleting my post (after realizing it was your passenger one and not your drivers one) while you were posting

Nope - Not your fault. Anderson lost money by being a great dealership for you and somebody got chewed out - Try taking it to an iMiEV certified dealer

Don

I'll second Biggers as being a great dealership for iMiEV owners. They are my dealership of choice. Of course, it helps having such a great dealership only minutes from my home! They helped me buy my Meepster sight-unseen and had it shipped up from downstate IL. Couldn't have asked for better service! My only complaint of Biggers is that I can't even bribe the service department to adjust the acceleration ramp on my iMiEV. Of course, that's not their fault, though.

Ah well, will go to Biggers for the work next week.
And the letter to Mitsubishi about Anderson is already on the way.

Back