Renault Zoe Review

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarond12

Although this car likely isn't coming to this side of the pond, it's still an interesting read from a not-expected source: The Register.

One of my favorite quotes from this article is perfect for dispelling EV naysayers:

"If you need a car that can travel further than 75-odd miles, the Zoe is quite obviously not the car for you. Bitching about it makes as much sense as complaining that you can’t get a three-seat sofa and five fat blokes in a VW Up. Of course you can’t, so don’t buy one."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/22/review_renault_zoe_bev_electric_car/

aarond12 said:
"If you need a car that can travel further than 75-odd miles, the Zoe is quite obviously not the car for you. Bitching about it makes as much sense as complaining that you can’t get a three-seat sofa and five fat blokes in a VW Up. Of course you can’t, so don’t buy one."
I LOVE it!! :lol:

The PERFECT answer to anyone who says "It only goes 75 miles??"

Don

aarond12, you might be interested in this Renault Zoe thread we already have:

Renault Zoe $20k, batteries NOT INCLUDED

The issue of leasing instead of owning batteries would be a non-starter for me, as I'm quite comfortable owning and would resent the recurring monthly expense.

Don said:
aarond12 said:
I I LOVE it!! :lol: The PERFECT answer to anyone who says "It only goes 75 miles??" Don
I also got a good laugh out of this phrase, and, by the same token, to the Volt owner bragging that he hasn't been to a gas station in three months: YOU BOUGHT THE WRONG CAR!

JoeS said:
I also got a good laugh out of this phrase, and, by the same token, to the Volt owner bragging that he hasn't been to a gas station in three months: YOU BOUGHT THE WRONG CAR!

I've seen those from the re-VOLT-ing crowd. It's the same thought I have, then what the f#@* did you buy that for? :lol:

In my opinion Zoe has no future. It's price is much higher than ICE mini cars, 100km costs at least 8€ of battery lease + electricity? Any diesel or even gasoline powered car (this size) is cheaper to drive.

fjpod said:
Virtually no rear seat...gotta classify it as a two seater.

Not so bad... see it here

In this article the tester (194 cm, 6 ft 4 in) says that he does not fit well, but someone of 185 cm (6 ft) yes, but just (after all, an electric is a car for short conmutes).

Zelenec said:
In my opinion Zoe has no future. It's price is much higher than ICE mini cars, 100km costs at least 8€ of battery lease + electicity? Any diesel or even gasoline powered car (this size) is cheaper to drive.

Renault´s idea is to sell you the car at a similar price than a ICE one (there are government aids), and rent the battery, so the monthly costs is similar than an ICE.

Rent the battery brings much peace to possible battery wear.

Anyway, Renault can swap form rent to sell in any moment

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/2013/3/25/renault-could-u-turn-on-leased-battery-policy/46567/

Back