Reducing or changing the occurrence of dash beeps ?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llecentaur

Maybe I am being stressed at times :roll: but find that some of the beeps and feed as from the car are excessive.

For example if you open the door with the engine on it beeps. I imagine it is because unlike an ICE is no other way of reminding that the "engine is ON" but please can the noise be a little less wining :)

Maybe on can change that beeper for a better one. Mitsu has really cut so many corners, a more gentle beeper could have cost 2 USD instead of 20 cents...

Thanks.

I dunno. My Mazda 3, my previous vehicle, had just as many beeps -- and just as irritating. You could find the speaker (likely a piezo buzzer) and put tape over it to make it quieter... Some beeps, like the two beeps when there are near-freezing temperatures, are useful. Disabling all the beeps would be far worse than making them quieter.

Some of the beeps are probably controlled by the cars computer and as such, they can probably be tinkered with

For example, the 'click-clack' noise that the turn signals make can be changed to something else . . . . by your dealer. I'm not sure what other options there are (or how to change them) but it's something I'm going to ask the next time I'm at the dealership

I've got a hunch there are literally dozens of 'adjustments' we could be making, if only we knew how. What we really need is a Mitsu engineer who also drives an iMiEV as a member of this forum . . . . hopefully when we find one, he speaks English! ;)

Don

Absolutely, that would be perfect. Maybe we should write to some of the Mitsu techs you can find on videos from Mitsu in Australia or Canada and invite them to join in.

Definitely the turning noise is far too loud for such a quiet car. I mean, there is no pretend to make it into a jaguar, but why implement such nagy sound is out do my understanding.

Would not be surprised if there was a cultural explanation...

Back