Radio CD Player and Clock Inoperable

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillThompsonMIEV

Noticed today the radio, CD player, and clock not functioning. Have an appointment with dealer on 28 Sep 12 to get checked, along with application of Satisfaction Campaign # 12-002 (software programming of Cell Monitoring Unit). Has anyone experienced a failure of those components? All three functioned at delivery in late July, and for the next several weeks.

After I did a full charge to 16 bars from 4 bars using OEM Level 1 charger, I looked at the clock and it was working, and had the correct time. The radio and CD player also are working and the pre set radio channels still present. Go figure.

I should have mentioned in the reply that I did not check the fuses. Anyhow, I am taking to dealer for the satisfaction campaign fix, plus the inop clock, radio, CD player on 28 Sep 12. For whatever reason, a full charge caused the radio, clock, and CD player to work as dedsigned. I guess I don't understand how a full charge to 16 bars would affect the fuses, assuming there is a problem with them.

I took the car to dealer to have the CMU satisfaction campaign fix applied. The service department inspected clock, radio, and CD player which from my previous post of a few days ago are now working. Service technician checked wiring and fuses, and all was normal. Service manager mentioned to me that one of their other MIEV's for sale on lot had a clock/radio failure while car was being driven on a test drive by a customer. That one was fixed. I guess if it is working, there is nothing to fix. The mystery continues.

I had the same problem. Brought it to dealer and there was a fuse that wasn't set in right. Something about the dealer is supposed to push this fuse in when they take delivery on the car, but didn't happen quite right. Been fine since.

I had a few minutes this morning where the radio and clock display looked good, but the sound disappeared completely (all channels, all volume settings). Pulling over and restarting the car fixed it...

jray3 said:
I had a few minutes this morning where the radio and clock display looked good, but the sound disappeared completely (all channels, all volume settings). Pulling over and restarting the car fixed it...
When I was having the problem, I too thought restarting the car fixed it...sometimes. When the dealer fixed the fuse, the problem went away permanently.

Could it really be that easy?

// flips through manual, chooses a few fuses that look suspicious
// goes to i, looks at suspicious fuses
// notices strange, yellow surround by two fuses, including one suspicious one
// pulls yellow surround out a bit, pushes it back in
// RADIO WORKS!

Really? It was that easy? Fortunately I only had my i for 3 days so far. The silence in driving is fun, but I love music too much. The problem is the yellow surround is too thick or whatever, and the fuses don't sit down completely into the fuse block.

Here's the yellow surround, under the dash board, left side (US model). Pull it gently out, push it back in firmly... profit!

Sorry about the huge image. The TIMG tag doesn't seem to work here.

ZMkzFgQ.jpg

Back