Problems with starting

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IonDriver

Hi There!

I have some serious problems with my Ion from 2012.

It has been cranky and wouldnt start?! So i Bought a new 12v battery but that didn`t help-

Now it does not get *ready mody* and only blink at me, see video at youtube https://youtu.be/X3o08H-gopA

I really hope someone has a cure or clue or suggestions for this sickness... :)

Hi there
There seems to be some sort of communication issue unless the battery is fully discharged, was it working fine before this or was there gradual decline?

Did you charge the new battery over night before you connect it?

What happens if you try to charge the car (remove the key altogether)

MickeyS70 said:
Hi there
There seems to be some sort of communication issue unless the battery is fully discharged, was it working fine before this or was there gradual decline?

Did you charge the new battery over night before you connect it?

What happens if you try to charge the car (remove the key altogether)

Hi MickeyS70!

Thank you for your swift reply =)

This behaviour was sporiadicly present before changing the battery. It was handled by turning the engine on off untill we got ready mode and started the car

Yes, the battery was charged over nignt before it was connected, when trying to start the car - nothing happends :shock:

When you turn the key to Start, do you hear any clacking sound of relays and contactors? If so then i suspect DTC P1A15, search for the thread "no ready P!A15 error" by user Lic

While Kiev assumption makes a lot of sense, I came across these symptoms while fixing my own car, I broke one of the CMU boards that monitors the battery cells and as a result I ended up with what you see.

In order to troubleshoot properly you will need to read out DTCs/cell voltages using a compatible OBD2 dongle (OBDLink LX or similar) and one of the recommended apps:

https://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4936

Back