Pre-Heat Error

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DogMan12

I am using the remote as instructed to pre-heat. It worked several times, but not for the last week. The selector is in Park, I am using Level 2, (120v-12a) not Quickcharge, I try right after starting charging in the garage at 48F so the battery temp should be in a good range. The seat heater is On.

WTF?

On level 2, if the car had already finished charging (charge light off), the remote works on the first try almost every time. However, if the car is charging, it usually takes three tries before it takes. Each time it errors, I just wait a second or two after the remote beeps and press send again. On level 1, first try every time.

If your remote errors when turning on, blocking you from any settings, and you're fairly close to the car with the antenna extended, the connector to the antenna in the car may have come unplugged. I discovered this with my car having a very short range. I was relocating an antenna for my OVMS module, and I discovered this connector. I plugged it in and now my remote works from 3 times further away. It is a pain to get to, though. It's under a difficult to remove/replace piece of plastic by the passenger side sail window, and this piece on both sides doesn't match up well to the pillars.

DogMan12 said:
... I am using Level 2, (120v-12a) not Quickcharge...
The AC charging levels are defined by the SAE International (originally the Society of Automotive Engineers) as:
Level 1: 120V
Level 2: 240V

Some MiEV's are also equipped with a CHAdeMO DC quick charging port.

The Mitsubishi i EV preheat works much better using a Level 2 240V EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment). You get roughly twice the preheat out of Level 2 compared to Level 1.

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1789&p=12986#p12986

OK, sorry. I am using the Berkeley hot-rodded OEM charger that can take 240v, but only using it with 120v. My ignorance as to what to call it.

More ignorance...didn't mean to waste anyone's time...I had a door open, duh! All is well.

Preheat on 120 volts is kinda, sorta . . . . minimal - Since you've hd your EVSE upgraded, if you have a 240 outlet to plug it into, you'll really see the difference - A toasy warm car when you leave with a (small) supply of preheated water which will carry you several miles down the road without having to use any of the car's battery. Just set the bottom dial to interior air (recirculate) the middle dial to midposition fan and the top dial to the middle . . . . neither heat nor cool

Don

Back