New Peugeot iOn Owner Ireland

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr EV Ireland

Just after taking ownership of a 2013 iOn with 160,000. Lots to be done as it's down to around 8kWh worth of useable battery, it's showing the "Fault in the main electrical circuit" warning light along with flashing the turtle light at me when under acceleration but I understand this is all down to cell degradation/balancing required. Looking forward to getting stuck in to it.

All advice welcome

Just after taking ownership of a 2013 iOn with 160,000. Lots to be done as it's down to around 8kWh worth of useable battery, it's showing the "Fault in the main electrical circuit" warning light along with flashing the turtle light at me when under acceleration but I understand this is all down to cell degradation/balancing required. Looking forward to getting stuck in to it.

All advice welcome
Hello Derek and welcome

Yes, you're on the right track diagnosing the issue, however solving the problem permanently may require replacing the main battery altogether.

But let's start with the basics, although not necessarily the cause of your problem, replace the 12V battery first as a weak and aging one will cause all sorts of intermittent/strange problems.

Next get a cheap Bluetooth OBD dongle as @Negue suggested and use the free, dedicated OBDZero app to check out your main battery

Have a read trough the manual for supported dongles https://obdzero.dk/

Feel free to ask lots of questions...

Mickey

Thanks all. OBD Reader came before the car and I have downloaded the OBDZero app.
Going to get it serviced and ready for NCT for the Irish Reg Plate change over so 12V was on the list (along with tyres and windscreen).

Back