need help on US spec SE internet purchase

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky49

I am looking at buying a 2012 us spec imiev SE. The car is for sale by an internet used car dealer so I cannot trust they even know the answer to the question I am asking. Do the SEs come with the left hand high voltage charge plug, or just the charge port door? Do the US spec se come with heated seats? or is this only a Canadian option? What about the high voltage charging circuit can it be added later?

How many recalls are there on the US spec 2012s? Sorry for all the questions but I live in Canada and I only have a copy of the Canadian brochure and I realize the US spec vehicle may not be the same but I do need to understand what I am buying.

Thanks Rocky

As I recall (ahem), I got two recall notices for my 2012 U.S.-spec i-MiEV, one for a defective brake pump (which dealer replaced at Mitsubishi expense), the other for a firmware update to deal with a communication incompatibility betwen the i-MiEV and Cripple Creek EVSEs.

There were many more service bulletins, a quick Google search found some listed here:
https://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/39/12396586.html

(Hmm, more than I realized - I should take a closer look at that myself :? )

All i-MiEVs come with left side charge port doors, but they're only functional for vehicles delivered with the CHAdeMO quick charging option. For the 2012 SE trim level, this was only available as part of the Premium Package, the top of the line equipment level for the i-MiEV. As far as I know, if the SE you're looking at has a nav system, you have CHAdeMO; otherwise you don't. CHAdeMO cannot be added to a vehicle without it - it's built-in at the factory.

U.S. 2012 models had heated seats on all trim levels, but only for the driver. If that's a big deal (in Canada I imagine it might be) I've seen 3rd party add-on seat warmers that plug into the 12V DC outlet, but I cannot attest to their usefulness.

Back