My next EV: Other EVs to consider

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have our i-MiEV and a Subaru Outback. We're pretty sure we'll never replace the i-miEV. It's just to perfect for our needs (commute, errands, and fits in the garage SO WELL).

I just can't stand owning a gas car anymore. The i-MiEV ruined me. So as soon as we can replace the Subaru with an EV equivalent, we will.

Tesla Model X. Here we come.

My boss just tried a Tesla Model S, and wow, he said the aceleration was great, much improved on from the imiev and he liked the imiev.

Regen was much higher and the range and finish much better so for the near double price tag of the imiev, he thinks it worthwhile to get one. Like you, I think the model X would be a great 4 wd replacement for our long distance 4 wd needs.

the Tesla is not yet available in our country, testing was done in HK, so we will get the imiev we think to add to the part electric part petrol Prius C we have now, at 5 litres per 100 km, and the V8 4wd car that drinks the fuel like 12 to 15 litres per 100 km, grin.

Will proberly put in an order for the Tesla when it is available here.

We have been charging a the Tesla's (Roadster) power socket. It was an opportunity charge and I was not even prepared for a charge at that place but I am glad I always have an adapter in my trunk to plug into a big red CEE 400V/32A socket. I guess when the Tesla's driver later learned, he might have wondered what does a little i-MiEV do with a big red plug.

From the driver's girlfriend we learned it is a stubborn noisy car, keeps chattering and beeping and makes her afraid and finally can only drive two hours full speed. That is 200 kilometers per hour and some 300 kilometers far. I'd love to have such a lousy car. :lol:

I had to use both hands to unplug and plug CEE 400V/32A and it was hard work. I rarely have the chance to use my big red adapter. But I can charge from any household socket in max 6 hours time. The Tesla would need one and a half days. A compromise I can live with.

Seen another Tesla yesterday. As I dont see other i-MiEVs I guess they must have hatched. Maybe if we can find her a big warm garage with a big red power socket and see if she feels like hatching too. :mrgreen:

misterbleepy said:
I have been interested by this car:

http://www.loremo.com

Through google translate to english:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.loremo.com

but it seems like it is not yet in production. Hopefully it will get built
Umm, no. Per Wikipedia:
Loremo AG was a German automaker corporation, based in Marl. It was founded in 2000. Loremo was focused on designing prototypes of cars with very low weight and air resistance, the term "Loremo" is an abbreviation for "Low Resistance Mobile". Initially the car was conceived for emerging markets such as China and India. The project is currently inactive. No plans to restart development are currently known.

Back