Looking at buying a iMiev

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatimalND

I live where there isn't a iMiev dealer but there is a Mitsubishi dealer in town can I take the iMiev there for warranty work?

Can a cold weather package be added to a iMiev?

I live in Fargo, ND

MatimalND said:
I live where there isn't a iMiev dealer but there is a Mitsubishi dealer in town can I take the iMiev there for warranty work?

No, they have to be i-MiEV certified to work on your car. https://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/imiev/12/faq.do The closest i-MiEV certified dealer is 179 miles away in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota. The i-MiEV needs very little maintenance, you'll be visiting the dealer about once a year. If this is something you really want, you can buy it in Minnesota and have it flatbeded to your home in North Dakota. However, if anything goes wrong with it - you'll need to have it flatbedded back to Minnesota. I can't guarantee that nothing will go wrong, but I can say there have been very few problems with the i-MiEV and most owners on this forum have had very good reliability with their cars.

MatimalND said:
Can a cold weather package be added to a iMiev?

It can't be added as it is part of the battery pack (battery warming system). It's a $150 option but in Fargo, you are going to need it along with a garage and an L2 EVSE to preheat the car to get it good and hot inside. In Canada, all cars come with the Cold Zone Package and the L3 Quick Charge port. However, in the states you'll need to ensure the car you buy has it included.

:(

Thank you for the Reply, don't know if that would be worth not having a local dealer. I will have to stick to a Leaf.

Back