Loaner cars from Dealer when recall work is being done ?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigger19687

Is this a Normal thing for Mitsu to do?
They called me (Mistubishi main headquarters, not dealership) to make sure that I KNEW I had 2 recalls that needed to be done and when I would be able to do it.

I am not happy with the one time I went the a closer dealer and want to go to a bigger mitsu dealer a little further away.

I am just trying to figure out if they WOULD give me a loaner car for the recall work if they need to keep it 1-20 days ?

Is this just depending on the dealer? Are they more likely to give me one at a bigger dealer ? Should I push the issue?

The recalls only take a hour or two. Loaners are given at the dealer's discretion so you can ask but I don't think they would give you one. If your car really needed to be in the shop for days, then push back on getting a loaner and call Mitsubishi if necessary.

The first time I took Bear in, we got a loaner i-MiEV to drive around while mine was being worked on and charged.

That was the only time, but I was offered twice more. I no longer go to that dealer since they have become a pain to deal with.

I just had recall work done at Gary Lang Mitsubishi in McHenry, Illinois.

It's a fair-sized dealer, one of those places with 5 or six different brands of cars all at one location.

The recalls were for the impact sensors, vacuum pump, and underbody corrosion. The dealership had my car for a total of 20 days.

I was told that the underbody recall was listed as 4 hour minimum amount of work. After I picked up my car, the tech mentioned that the front bumper had to be removed to replace the impact sensors. For everything, it's probably a day's worth of work for one guy. (I also had them look at my main blower fan. Turned out there was dog food in there. Darn mice!)

The dealer gave me a loaner car for the entire duration. It was a brand-new 2016 Subaru Forester, which I sort of hated, because I was afraid of getting a scratch on it (it really was BRAND NEW) and because it used gas.

Getting a loaner or not did seem to just be at the dealers discretion. When I originally talked to them on the phone, I did mention that I lived nowhere nearby, and I still needed to get around while my car was in the shop. They may even bill the cost of the loaner to Mitsubishi corporate as part of the cost of the recall work, who knows!?

I was really happy with Renses Mitsubishi in Alkmaar, the Netherlands. When they were replacing the battery which needed shipping from Japan I got to drive the Mitsubishi Spacestar for 2 months until it was done.

I gave them a pie as a thanks for the service.

I think the Mitsubishi Spacestar is called the Mirage in the US. Also, do not confuse the 2015 Spacestar with the 2000 Spacestar.

Back