LED Head light anyone ?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pier

LED Head light anyone ?

Our car is equiped with H11 55W low beams 9005 HB3 High beams and P13W runnings lights.
I have seen on superbrightleds.kom what they call daytime running lights of the same numbers.
H11 4.8watts ($14.95), for example.

Has anyone tried High intensity LED ? Do they fit the same, Do they give same intensity light even if 24 spot led instead of one spot incandescent ?

Pier

Pier said:
LED Head light anyone ?

Our car is equiped with H11 55W low beams 9005 HB3 High beams and P13W runnings lights.
I have seen on superbrightleds.kom what they call daytime running lights of the same numbers.
H11 4.8watts ($14.95), for example.

Has anyone tried High intensity LED ? Do they fit the same, Do they give same intensity light even if 24 spot led instead of one spot incandescent ?

Pier

I'm looking at these for the daytime running lights P13W:
http://www.v-leds.com/5K-WHITE-6-LED-DRLFOG-p9816990.html

and these for the low-beam headlights H11:
http://www.v-leds.com/5K-WHITE-6-LED-DRLFOG-p9816982.html

I rarely use the high-beams so its not worth the price for me.

Yes these are expensive...

I've been looking at replacement of headlight bulbs with LED's but can't figure out how to remove headlight lense. If anybody could help, Thanks

Most LED's don't make good use of the reflectors which were specifically designed for the stock halogen lamps. Great lighting is a system, consisting of many parts working in harmony for best performance and changing only one piece of that system rarely results in improved performance. True, LED's may look 'cool' and draw fewer watts than the stock bulbs, but if they don't provide equal or greater illumination down the road, then I wouldn't be interested in any of them . . . . at any price

I don't drive a lot at night, but I regularly use my foglights and my high beams too (we live out in the country) and I LOVE the stock lighting of the iMiEV, so I wouldn't want anything which gives me LESS light, no matter how 'cool' they look

Don

Thanks John for reference.

I won't hurry to change those light, thinking that after all 2X55watts is not that much energy compare to the main drive, and I rarely drive at night. I will first change the DRL to led, because they are on all day.

I agree with you DON that multiple LED replacing a single spot hallogen lamp, won't give the same light patern.

Hi ... to me ... I've been looking at replacement of headlight bulbs with LED's but can't figure out how to remove headlight lense.

Back