KPH vs MPH issue

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatedad11

A few weeks ago, I must have inadvertently hit one of my dashboard indicators because I am now unable to read my speed in MPH. Nor can I read the range estimator in MPH. I am aware that you depress the button and hold it, to toggle back and forth,(I have tried that) but it just will not switch back to MPH. It's not the end of the world but it would be nice to be able to see my actual speed and not have to constantly calculate in my head. Any one out there have this happen to them?

Thanks,
Lou

It's an international conspiracy to metricate the US (count me in!) :geek:

According to our iMiEV manual, need to first select the Odometer display, then keep the reset button pressed for two seconds or longer to toggle between mph and km/h. Once the display has changed, keeping the reset button pressed will not cause the display unit to change again.

In lieu of taking it back to the dealer, perhaps simply remember that 160km/hr=100mph. Besides, with CaniOn we're getting retrained anyway, although why CaniOn doesn't show RR in metric units is curious.

Joe:
Thanks for your advice. I was aware of the procedure, but the system simply would not toggle over from Km to Miles. It's not worth taking to the dealer, my math skills are not so bad that I can't convert. It's just annoying...

Lou

Joe:

I stand corrected. I went back and went through the steps as you quoted from the manual and I realized I was not performing them correctly. Once I did, I was able to reset the display to Miles from Kilometers. Thanks!
Lou

Back