Intro: Owned a Minicab-EV for 3+ years and I'm looking for some advice

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Intro: Owned a 2012 Minicab-EV for 3+ years and I'm looking for some advice about the 12v battery. None of the manuals I found on line are for the Minicab-ev. A few that are of the car version have suspicious software embedded in them, so my browser tells me. There are no repair depots on my island that have any knowledge about this product.

I should say I can't figure out where the 12 battery is. I looked under the seats and also for some kind of lever to open the bonnet / hood. Can't find that either. Saw some ideas in the manual about the small car but that sort of panel doesn't exist. There is a small cover on the top of dash to the right of the steering wheel. Looks like I could pry that off, but what's under it? Thanks for your immediate advice on these things.

I should say I can't figure out where the 12 battery is. I looked under the seats and also for some kind of lever to open the bonnet / hood. Can't find that either. Saw some ideas in the manual about the small car but that sort of panel doesn't exist. There is a small cover on the top of dash to the right of the steering wheel. Looks like I could pry that off, but what's under it? Thanks for your immediate advice on these things.
Maybe it’s similar to an I-MIEV, see below

Hi Don
12v aux battery is under rear floor 40B19L or equivalent 30 aph .
Wait for a least 2 minutes after turning OFF 'ignition key' before removing terminals to allow data to be written into ECU.
Lift floor mat undo 2 screws and lift battery cover.
Small Panel on top of dash is for access to Brake Fluid.

Attachments

• MiniCab Rear Floor.JPG
    MiniCab Rear Floor.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 0
  • MiniCab Rear Floor01.JPG
    MiniCab Rear Floor01.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 0
  • MiniCab Brake Fluid.JPG
    MiniCab Brake Fluid.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi Don,
Wayne Rooney (of AMMMO Group New Zealand) has done an excellent translation of the MiniCab User Manual which may help.
and I have also attached a photo of whats under the passenger and drivers seats.

Attachments

• MiniCab Front Under Seats-01.jpg
    MiniCab Front Under Seats-01.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Minicab_owners_manual-2023-07-09_88pages.pdf
    8 MB · Views: 0
Hi Don
12v aux battery is under rear floor 40B19L or equivalent 30 aph .
Wait for a least 2 minutes after turning OFF 'ignition key' before removing terminals to allow data to be written into ECU.
Lift floor mat undo 2 screws and lift battery cover.
Small Panel on top of dash is for access to Brake Fluid.
That's extremely helpful TYVM

Hi Don,
Wayne Rooney (of AMMMO Group New Zealand) has done an excellent translation of the MiniCab User Manual which may help.
and I have also attached a photo of whats under the passenger and drivers seats.
This is awesome!! I didn't think there would be a reply, so mucked about and figured it out. The AA battery was $80 more the SCA, but I'm back on the road. A huge thanks Bruce because this manual will be VERY helpful in the future.

Hi Don,
This was awesome help, HUGE thanks Bruce. I thought I posted a reply but can't see it so here's my thanks twice!!

Back