Intermittent false starts, SOC bars slowly rise after the happy chime but no READY light.

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jray3

MR BEAN has begun to show a startup anomaly similar to when one switches the key through START too quickly or moves the gearshift prior to the READY light illuminating. The car makes its happy chime but does not illuminate READY, and the State of Charge gauge starts off empty, then the bars slowly appear at a steady rate of one or two bars per second.
Anyone else seen this? Now in it's third day of doing so, the keyswitch required three attempts this morning before a normal start. No trouble lights showing after startup.

On today's second drive, the car tripped out of READY mode when I shifted out of Park, and it took a couple of tries to restart. I have nEVer lubricated the shifter cable connection to the electric switch on the transaxle, so I'm guessing it may be a sticky position sensor... Will try to do that lube job this weekend.

Back