Interesting conversation with service manager

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psyflyjohn

I took our Miev in for it's annual check-up yesterday. Unfortunately, the screwed-up, and their only certified tech was out. Had to reschedule the check-up. But the manager mentioned that Mitsubishi is coming-out with an electric that doubles the current range of the Miev. Anyone else hear of such a thing?

Perhaps... ???

...The concept reveals several improvements over the current car. The CA received a lithium-ion battery pack with more capacity (28 kWh versus 16), more power (107 horsepower versus 66), an improved range (186 miles versus 62), and the introduction of a magnetic resonance wireless-charging system...

He may be referring to optimized energy management. For example on the Czero or iOn they have apparently programmed the accelerator to be softer or harder than average to encourage or discourage the driver from pushing too hard in a context of slope, speed that would use a lot of battery without yielding a good response.

But I doubt that such optimization would double the range, maybe increase it by 5 to 15% depending of type of driving.

Are you sure that he was not talking of a new battery pack rather than "electrics"? That seems like a possible option. Chuck a 28 KW battery with the same weight and for sure we could double the range...

Yeah, my sales manager showed me the same photo, but didn't have any specifics.
Interesting strategy though, to flub the marketing of V1.0 and go through a silent selloff in the leadup to a hot update... :?

Back