How to tell if used iMiEV has Cold Weather Package?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pluto

I'm considering buying a used US model iMiEV 2012 or 2013. Is there an easy way to tell whether it is equipped with the Cold Weather Package (battery warmer) without visiting each potential dealer in person? Is there something I can ask the dealers that they will actually know the answer to or be able to easily check (I'm assuming most will be ignorant of the features of this car)?

Can you tell from the VIN somehow?

I should probably add that I am hoping to outfit the car with a diesel cabin heater (Webasto style) so is the battery warmer even something I should be worried about?

I live in Southern Ontario, Canada. We do get the odd day below -20C (-4F) in the winter. I'm planning to buy in the US and import the car back to Canada, even with the currency difference they are much cheaper south of the border.

I'm fairly certain that if you have Chademo or level 3 charging, you automatically have it...but I would ask a dealer with the VIN.

kiev said:
or just look it up here (substitute your VIN for mine):

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/rs/file/monroney?vin=JA3215H16CU018997

THANKS!

It appears all three of the iMiEVs I'm considering have the 'Battery Warming System' and DC Quick Charge. Yay!

Edit: I stand corrected, the SE while it has Cold Zone Package does not have the DC Quick Charge. Not sure I care though, would rarely have an opportunity to use L3 charging.

Are there any other significant differences between the SE and ES besides the alloy wheels and stereo?

There are two SE versions - The 'standard' which comes with alloys, running/fog lights, the leather interior trim bits and the upgraded stereo and then the SE 'Premium' which adds L3 charging, the Nav package with the radio with the hard drive and the Bluetooth phone connections

Even if you think right now that you'd never use the L3 charging option, things will likely change in the next several years. The Bluetooth and the Nav options would make me choose an SE Premium over a standard SE every time for equal money . . . . . actually, on otherwise identical cars, I'd pay $750 to $1K more to get one with the Premium package

I own one of each - The one I bought new is a standard SE because the Premium package was about $3500 more when I bought it and it wasn't worth THAT much to me. The one I bought used with 4,000 miles on it for $8700 has the Premium package - I only looked at Premium package cars when buying that one because the sellers didn't seem to know the difference. I could buy ANY iMiEV for about the same price regardless of what package it was, so it was common sense to get the most features for the money and that's all I was looking for

Now that we've had the Premium with the Bluetooth for a while, we really miss it on the other car

Don

Good points. Now that I know how to use the VIN lookup I will look for one with Premium package and DC quick charger.

I'm not having much luck with dealerships responding to my inquires via Autotrader.com. I think they are stuck in the 20th century and I'll have to pick up the phone.

Back