how do i get rid of these #$%^&*() honda and mazda adverts ?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky49

My laptop does not have a very big screen. |Way too much of the screen is taken up by adverts for Honda dealers and Mazda dealers? It would not be so bad if these guys actually made an electric car worth buying or for sale in Canada? Does anyone have advice on how to get rid of them. I am tired of clicking on the biggest arrow only to realize it is not taking me to the forum but to some other dealership I have no interest in.

I can't seem to find the place for changing the password I was given. It only took me 3 weeks to get back on this board. I have been trying for a while but it would not take my password and I could not read that crap they put on the screen. Better contrast please some of us are viewing this group on small screens.
The Miev is still a great car 2 months into ownership.
Rocky

Are the ads only on the forum, or any website?

If they are popping up everywhere, I'd be tempted to say that you have adware on your computer. Funny thing right now, though, is there are no ads on the forum for me, which there usually is.

no it is only popping up on the I-miev forum. That is what is so irritating. At least if the advert was for an electric car, or from Mitsubishi they would be relevant.

\Rocky

You can try something like Adblock to just disable them from showing. The lower ad is always something random. The top one is either Aerovironment's turbocord or whatever I looked up an hour ago.

Google adsense or whatever it's called personalizes ads, but does it with your browser history.

Back