Hopeful owner looking for consultation - EVSE - wiring...

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, blackheart! You got a remote. Now all you need is to have your house rewired. ;) PV1 beat me to the computer with the answer to your CHAdeMO lever question and identifying which EVSE you have. For reference, though, here's a picture of the Yazaki EVSE that comes with the 2014, 2016 (and possibly the just announced 2017?) i-MiEVs . . .

urXjHQE.jpg

yeah - that is not the EVSE that the car is coming with. It is definitely the non-switchable one.
and yep - I will need to be getting at least one circuit run to the back/side of the house. Probably will go with the 220 Nema weather proof enclosure.
Does anyone now if this EVSE can be used with the 220V?
y3mYQBGd9yWFBmTA2N6NtaSLxEGK_gkMCN_kIOC_vjjof_4h4MJO39Pk0wziWSJjgN2dvwUQr7ZqXsvq9PBJ0e_jFUbMx0Mr9Nm7rIa6KDN-nLHUDw-WPajR4DTTCvBOT_blq_P3XrkKZTunY6uFUReNg

Thanks
rm

So, the new EVSE is back from EVSEupgrade (well, my old one rebuilt). And Jack is getting his first juice drink from it right now.
I also got my new remote (thank you Carmax). Now I just have to figure out when to go to the dealer and have the recall work done and have them program the remote for the car.
The new EVSE is a little more touchier than the original. I knew that the plug I was plugging into was not really all that well grounded, but it worked 99% of the time with the original.
Now, with the upgrade, it picks up the bad ground right away - so some new wiring is going to be done this weekend. I will either add the ground to that plug, and/or, wire a 220 out the side of the house. Lots of fun!!

Has anyone had luck finding a 'hooded' receptacle for the L6-30 plug needed for the EVSEupgrade cord end? Where I will end up putting the plug will be exposed to rain. I would like to keep the plug covered. Has anyone found a good solution?
Thank you in advance.

Back