Grrr...I hate winter...

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkarl89203

Well, first frost here in Rockford IL.
RRs are dropping from 80+ to mid to high 60s RR.
Not as much regen.
Temps 37-39 outside.
Grrrr

Yep, Monday saw the first snowflake icon on the dash for me, and this morning, the car had a layer of ice on it (nothing the remote can't fix :lol: ).

Switch to level 1 charging if you can and have the time for it. The longer charge time helps to keep the battery active (and thus warmer). A warmer battery improves regen dramatically and slightly increases range.

We just finished up 121 straight days where the overnight temp never dropped below 70 a couple weeks ago - A new record since they first began tracking daily temps in the 1880's. Since then, we've been in the middle 60's overnight and able to turn off the A/C and sleep with the windows open - Yea! We really look forward to September, October and November around here . . . . and this year climate change stole September from us - Grrrr :evil:

I hate snow and cold winters too - As the old fable goes, the answer is simple. Stick a snow shovel in the stake pocket of your pick-up truck and start driving south - When you go far enough that someone asks you what that funny looking shovel is for, you can start looking for a new house :lol:

Don

I actually enjoy the winter more than summer (especially if Summer 2016 is going to be the "new normal"). I can always warm myself up (as I type this, it's 45 F outside and my work's A/C is running :evil:).

Being able to finally shut off the A/C in the house was a welcome break. I'm very glad that we have solar panels, as this could've been an expensive summer (instead, it'll be a pricey winter because we're short on the kWh credits that we float on through the winter :p ).

The thing I don't like about Winter (actually two things), salt. That, and the windows constantly fogging up in the i-MiEV. The problem with that fable, though, all 50 states had snow in 2010 (PA got 3 feet, and I got out of school for a week :mrgreen: ).

Back