Greater Montreal Area gets its first Fast charger

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're up this way next June for the Rally need a charge or have time to get together send me a PM and we can make some arrangements.
Sandy

We finally made our way out to this Fast charger and experience it for the first time.
Wow

It's located in the Boucherville St Hubert BBQ chicken restaurant parking area.
They have at least 1 i Miev to do deliveries that I saw there.
It was fun meeting another I Miever at the charge station from the Monteregy district.

I want one - at least access to one closer to us.

We were out that way on a shopping trip. Picked up 6 bar stools at mid point of a trip that took 12 hrs

Our total trip was 256 km 160 miles & we were hauling our trailer with us

Round trip included 2 fast charges, and 3 hrs of level 2 charging.
We also left with a full charge.

Quite the experience

Hi Sandy,

That QC sure does completely change the game in terms of EV use. I'm glad you had a chance to experience it.

Looking around on the net I get the feeling that L3 chargers are falling in price. They seem to be accomplishing this by selling units that are 25 KW making it easier to install albeit with about double the charge time.

EMW are selling an "experimental" non certified 25 KW chademo for about $5000.00 which is about what commercial installation of L2 were probably paying to install a couple of L2's 2 years ago. I hope these things start popping up next year. I'd love to drive down to Burlington or to Quebec city or Ottawa on QCs.

Don....

Totally agree with you Don - game changer for sure !

If only they would install the every 50 km ( 30 miles) on all the main highways leading in and out of Montreal. and on a 10 km ( 6 miles) hub from the city center, on the main highway arteries.
We would be in EV Heaven.

I live 10 mins from that QC and I was so excited to be able to use it the minute I got my i-MiEV but turns out I never did.
It's a shame they installed the first QC there as it doesn't seem to be the ideal location for a mid point.
A salesman from Mitsubishi told me Hydro-Quebec was going to install a few along the 40 east bound for Quebec City and West Bound for Ottawa.
No info about it on Hydro's website however this seems like good news: http://www.aveq.ca/actualiteacutes/la-premiere-borne-rapide-abb-serait-arrivee-au-quebec-rumeur :D

mixmike6 said:
A salesman from Mitsubishi told me Hydro-Quebec was going to install a few along the 40 east bound for Quebec City and West Bound for Ottawa.

I was told of similar plans from the Circuit Electrique booth at the last EV car show but that was when the PQ were in power and before the Charbonneau investigation.

Back