FAN CYCLING ON WHEN CHARGING

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANDY4004

Hi all. As U know the fan comes on at intervals when charging. Had to go out in a hurry part way through Charging and unplugged the car at the wall. The fan was on and it carried on going after I unplugged it. Dose the Fan work of the 12 Volt Battery when charging, and if so dose the 12 Volt Battery get charged when charging the main Battery? Andrew

The fan noise you hear while charging is the liquid cooling system for the charger - It has both a fan and a pump. Yes, it runs on 12 volts and yes, the 12 volt accessory battery is charged while the main traction battery is being charged

This cooling system also runs while you're driving the car, cooling the inverter and the motor

Don

Don said:
The fan noise you hear while charging is the liquid cooling system for the charger - It has both a fan and a pump. Yes, it runs on 12 volts and yes, the 12 volt accessory battery is charged while the main traction battery is being charged

This cooling system also runs while you're driving the car, cooling the inverter and the motor

Don
Many Thanks for your help Andrew

Back