EvBatMon

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JoeS said:
how can power be measured in volts? Why is percentage not simply shown by a percent sign?

There should not be a power figure in volts, that's just plain wrong, which PID is it? Of course like PV1 you can customise the displays, however PMC is our own percentage (Percentage of Manufacturer's Capacity). Otherwise % should be used, which PID have you found to be different?

zzcoopej said:
There should not be a power figure in volts, that's just plain wrong, which PID is it?
Whenever abbreviations are used, they should be defined. For example, I haven't taken the tablet back to the i-MiEV yet to suss out the meaning of the various gauges, and have at present only explored a portion of its capabilities and still learning how to configure the size and placement of the gauges:

ORPower in volts. What is "OR"?
IGCTPower in volts. What is "IGCT"?
Where are SOC Real and SOC Dash defined? Yes they have a % sign.

I think I have most of the others figured out. I appreciate having the ability to rename the gauges as well as configure them.

On a more philosophical note, zzcoopej if I may suggest that your app focus on its primary strength distinguishing it from CaniOn: the EvBatMon app sends signals to the i-MiEV rather than passively only reading data. I understand the reasons for CaniOn's ground rules and in no way criticize them. This EvBatMon ability opens up a whole new world of possibilities in terms of programmability. Presumably, the developers of EvBatMon have studied the MUT3 interface and are having fun reverse-engineering.

I, for one, am pleased to have a companion app to the already very-useful and much-loved CaniOn.

BTW, as the owner of three i-MiEVs with three different VINs but one email address, how should I sign up on your website?

Thats brings me to my favorite feature request: Remote heating activation! The French variants, C-Zero and iOn, have no remote and thus there is no way to activate the remote heating feature, which I would love to have. If you could spoof the signal with EvBatMon that would be absolutely wonderful.

Thanks for your feedback, I can see what you are saying now Joe. The PID menu provides a longer description, however for the gauge due to its small size, does not allow much space so some of the description has been dropped. So "Power" is an abbreviation for "Power Supply"
JoeS said:
ORPower in volts. What is "OR"?
We are not sure, however this "power supply" is the component that is turning DC from your battery into AC for the e-motor. It is probably only of interest in fault finding.

JoeS said:
IGCTPower in volts. What is "IGCT"?
A power semiconductor. IGCT = Integrated Gate-Commutated Thyristor . It is probably only of interest in fault finding.

JoeS said:
Where are SOC Real and SOC Dash defined?
All we know to date is that two different SOC readings are in the BMU. Other EV manufacturers also keep the 2 values, so it is not something Mitsubishi invented. We presume there is a good reason to present one reading to the driver and keep another internal("real") reading for the BMU calculations, possibly due to a non-linear "real" SOC being straightened for the dash.

JoeS said:
BTW, as the owner of three i-MiEVs with three different VINs but one email address, how should I sign up on your website?
We currently only support one EV per user on the website, sorry. Workarounds would be to install EvBatMon on 3 different devices (assume 3 cars would have 2 or 3 drivers, each with a phone and/or tablet?) and use email addresses of those other drivers? Not ideal I know, I have logged a feature request to support your situation however its not going to happen for a few months due to the complexities involved.

jsantala said:
feature request: Remote heating activation!

This is quite a tricky one, as our only test vehicle also does not have remote heating which limits reverse engineering. What that means is there may be a missing piece of hardware which prevents us from working out a software solution. I've added it to the list of customer requests to investigate whether its possible to do.

zzcoopej, thank you for the information. I didn't realize that the PIDs had not been vetted and that you are simply providing them as you get them. Interesting what else you'll find as you continue your reverse-engineering. Just as PV1 changed some of the titles, so am I doing - we might eventually evolve into having a table showing what came from EvBatMon and what we're calling a particular PID as we may need to standardize the nomenclature in the future. For now, we're all dipping our toes in the water...

I'll try to see what values I get for ORPower. Currently, I use IGCTPower to monitor my 12 volt system. I can verify that the i-MiEV does indeed have temperature compensation for the 12 volt battery. In colder weather (we just had a mini-blizzard), the voltage goes up to 14.4 volts when first starting out. Up until now in warmer weather, it goes to 14.2 volts and stays there.

JoeS said:
I've managed to make one gauge a sliver and now I can't select it any more yet it is still visible and in the way.

Oops, we will impose a minimum width and height in the next version. In the meantime as long as there were no other gauges nearby I could select a single pixel gauge and delete it. It took a couple of attempts holding at different points slightly above, on or below the line.

Hello,

Is the OBDLink MX Wi-Fi supported by EvBatMon ?

Another question, I have both an Android and iOS smartphone, so both options are possible (or will soon be).
Just wondering which platform will have the latest updates first in the future ? Both versions will have the same functions ? Nothing specific I should be aware of before I get the app on either platform ?

thanks

tinoale said:
Is the OBDLink MX Wi-Fi supported by EvBatMon ?
Yes, we have users running the MX.

tinoale said:
Just wondering which platform will have the latest updates first in the future ? Both versions will have the same functions ?
Identical, all versions will have the same functionality wherever possible and have the same release cycle.

tinoale said:
Nothing specific I should be aware of before I get the app on either platform ?
The iOS version only supports Wifi OBD (Android supports Wifi and bluetooth OBD)

I believe on android if you use wifi you will loose mobile data, but not on ios.

One might want to use wifi since the bluetooth version has trouble if you play music over the connection at the same time. Yet, with wifi you could play local music over bluetooth but not stream using mobile data :roll:

mdbuilder said:
I believe on android if you use wifi you will loose mobile data, but not on ios.
Wifi does not use mobile data on my Android phone (Samsung) so maybe it is device specific? Wifi and mobile data have their own enable/disable on the 4.2.2 version of Android I run.

Android by default will direct all network traffic over WiFi instead of cellular. Connecting to a WiFi network that doesn't have internet access will leave an Android device without internet access (even if cellular data is available).

Got it thanks.

For those who have already purchased the Android version, will you offer some kind of "transfer" to switch to iOS when the app is released ?

Would you mind sharing how many users you have on the C-zero/iOn/iMiev platform ? I think it's a meaningful information because the more users use the batt capacity monitor, the more precise the average will be.

Very curious to see my batt capacity anyway !

tinoale said:
For those who have already purchased the Android version, will you offer some kind of "transfer" to switch to iOS when the app is released ?
We will refund the Android purchase if you later purchase the iOS version. Note the iOS version will be around 40% more expensive due to higher hardware and Apple developer costs we have incurred when compared to our costs for the Android version.

tinoale said:
Would you mind sharing how many users you have on the C-zero/iOn/iMiev platform ?
EvBatMon for iMiEV has only been available for 4 months so its early days. We currently have 67 users however not all those have sent battery degradation data to our cloud portal. I encourage more EvBatMon users to contribute their data!

I have purchased the Android version, will probably switch to iOS later when available.
I have registered on EvBatMon.com

I got the ODB MX Wifi to work, found out I have a 37.1Ah batt capacity left, 77.29 PMC.
That is for a 2012 16kWh C-zero, approx 60.000 km now.

I tried to upload the data but no luck. App says :
"Found PMC File : EvBatMon_PMC_VIN.txt
PMC recordcount = 2"

That's it.
On the website, both graphs do not show up (errors) and "your data" is blank.
EDIT : I have found the EvBatMon_PMC_VIN.txt file, there is no meaningful data in it, just one line with the odometer km correct but the rest is not (no VIN, .00%, .0). Looks like the the Ah and PMC values that are displayed are not properly going into the txt file.

Same here basically. Connection to obdlink mx very erratic, obdlink lx slightly better. On the rare occasion I get it to connect I tell it to upload which it seemingly does, yet no data on the website.

Back